We made the 26 hour drive across the country last Saturday and Sunday.It was the longest drive I have ever done. Okay, so we made that drive a year ago when we moved to Michigan, but even then, with two separate cars, this trip still seemed to take longer.
The kids did pretty good, probably better then I did. We stayed in Nebraska at a hotel Saturday night and the kids loved swimming and staying up late jumping on the beds.
I have never been so happy to see this Idaho sign in my life as I was on Sunday near the end of what seemed a never-ending drive. Dylan also would not stop asking where Grandma and Grandpa's house was. Him and Cassie both were so excited to FINALLY get to Grandma and Grandpa's house. It has been fun to see all of Nate's family and spend time with them. I will post pictures in August after we make the loooooooooog gruelling (is that a word?) drive back to Michigan.
2 comments:
Bran, what are your plans for your stay on the West coast? When will I see you? I'll be in Idaho from the 18th to the 25th- will you be around? Or maybe if you head down to Salt Lake sometime, I could see you down there. Let me know.
And I can't believe you guys drove that long. As if. I hope the Whittakers took your kids and let you sleep for 8 days.
I can't believe you do those long drives - I'm very impressed. I think 3 hours in a car at one time is long enough! When I was 8 I drove with my dad from Miami to Utah (5 days) and ever since then I just can't handle long car rides. Tate would never make it that far. I hope you have a fun trip! I'm sad that I won't get to see you.
Post a Comment