Sunday, February 5, 2012

Broken camera

I went all of Christmas with a broken camera. I took a few pictures on my phone, but this computer isn't cooperating and allowing me to connect my phone up to it so I can get the pictures. So this will be a pictureless post. Darn technology.

I finally took my camera in to get fixed and it's going to take 4-6 weeks until I get it back. Great. We have a baby and a baptism coming up before then.

Cassie had a birthday before Christmas and I really wish I had pictures of it. They are stuck on my camera from before I realized it was broken. She had her first friend party and we made gingerbread houses. I was smart and had the houses all set up so all they had to do was frost and decorate the outside. Worked perfect. She was thrilled about the bike she got and the few arts and craft things too. She loves to create things. Cassie is such a little blessing in our family. She is our giggly little girl who loves to sing, read, mess her room up daily, and stay awake for at least an hour after we tuck her in at night doing whatever it is she does. (Read, play, write notes to us and her friends, etc.)

Christmas was very relaxing. Candace and her family came and spent the whole break with us. Our husbands took turns working and we just hung out and enjoyed a quieter Christmas this year. Jason took all the kids to a couple of movies. And I ate a lot of food. Too much, actually. The kids all played really well too. We broke down and got a Wii and have had some fun family time on it. We also got one of those indoor double player basketball arcade games for the basement. That has been really fun as well. The girls enjoyed a Christmas of mostly barbie stuff. I can't believe how much Claire loves barbies. She'll play quietly upstairs with them for hours. Oh, and there was a ski day in there too. I love that Dylan loves to ski so much. Cassie, not so much. But she was sick that day anyway and stayed home with me and the little ones.

Dylan has been playing basketball again and LOVES it! He has really improved this round too. I think it helps that he knows most of the team so he is a little more aggressive. It's fun to watch him steal the ball and then go make a lay-up. Plus or minus a bit of travelling and double dribbling. =)

And in other news, I left the valley yesterday! Amazing eh? I think it has been at least 6 months since I have been out of the valley. Oh wait, we did go to Disneyland in the Fall. But besides that, there hasn't been anything to leave for. Thanksgiving was here, Christmas was here, the Folsom Christmas party was here, family visits were here, etc. etc. etc. I am a home body, so it all worked out anyway. Nate finally had a full weekend off and as we were driving home from basketball games at noon yesterday, we decided it was time to leave the valley. I ran in the house, grabbed a change of clothes for everyone and we left. We visited some of his family and stayed at Candace's. And.... I did a much needed Target trip. Although it was a very quick Target trip, it was still a few minutes in my favorite store.

This pregnancy is going good. I was really starting to hurt a lot so I stopped exercising last week and I feel better now. It's nice to have an excuse to not work out for a little while. =) The doctor thinks I'll have this baby early, but I'm not too ready yet. I'm actually a little nervous, it's easier to take care of this baby when it's inside of me. I'd much rather do the end of the pregnancy than the beginning. Yuck, I hated that part! Although I am excited to see what he looks like and have him be a part of our family. If only there was a name I loved. Any help there?

4 comments:

Mo said...

I like the name Easton...plus I have a really cute student named Easton this year!

Annie said...

Breanne. Where are you getting your camera fixed? They should give you a loaner. The last time we got ours fixed they gave us one to use temporarily. You need a camera for these big events! You need one!

Candace said...

I'm sorry I haven't sent you any pics, I was planning on doing that tonight actually, then I got caught up reading peoples blogs, darn blogs are just so fun to read. I will try to get them to you tomorrow. Christmas was a blast though, thanks for letting us crash at your house.

K'Lyn said...

Grant popped into my head when you asked in your post. It depends on how unique you like things. Email me and I will send you some. I am super excited for you. Good Luck with everything. I need to come and see you...in fact I think we are coming there (town) today. Up for visitors?