Also, I had forgotten how beautiful the mountains were and I feel like I have taken them for granted my whole life. Michigan is so pretty too, but where we lived was so flat and not a hill in sight. So now every time I look out the window I just can't believe how pretty it is! I love the mountains!
The kids wanted a picture on every rock they saw...
Trying to keep up with Dylan. He would be so tired and need a break, so we would stop and within 5 seconds he was bolting off again. Why can't I have that energy?...
Nate never has the camera, except this hike. I guess he got a little camera happy because I found a whole bunch of pictures of this side of me...
The lake at the end of the hike...
I didn't see this happen, but I am guessing Nate is standing out on that log while taking this picture...
What a fun day together!
7 comments:
Yay! An update! I've been checking up on you randomly to see how things have been going. Oh, I agree with you about the mountains. We're loving having them back! It looks like you're having so much fun, and I'm glad Nate is around more! (Too bad I'm just STARTING the busy resident husband stage...) I'm happy for you guys! Thanks for the update!
Sounds, and looks so fun! What hike did you go on?
Awesome hike! Where did you guys go? I can't believe you are back in UTAH!!!! We should try to plan a get together with some Village friends....we'd love it! Can't wait to see pics of the new house!
You didn't tell me that lake was so cool at the end! I want to go on that hike! Only, I don't actually want to hike. Will you put me in your backpack next time instead of Claire? Oh.
Yeah! Welcome back to Utah!
Hiking is different out here in Michigan. I remember my dad pulling us out of bed Saturday morning to go on some uphill all the way hike. Here in Michigan, a hike to the kids is on a paved, flat trail somewhere in the township--or the one around Immerman park. Miss the mountains...but not all those hikes. Okay, maybe I miss some of them.
No wonder your back hurt at the end, carrying Claire the whole time!! I wish I had the energy my kids have too.
Post a Comment