We stopped in Nauvoo for a few days and that was so neat! I even got to see the Hardy's and visit with them. They are serving a mission in Nauvoo right now and they just love it! They were like my second parents when I was in high school and I am so glad I got to see them!
The first picture is of Carthage jail (in the background). I took this picture and then my batteries died. So this is all I go that day. The jail is in the background and it was a very neat experience to go inside. Notice Dylan with his bucket? He carried that thing everywhere he went on this trip. He was a little worried about barfing again and even though he was feeling better, the bucket still came with us everywhere.
We took a wagon ride through the woods to inspiration point and it was really neat. The kids really wanted a picture with the horses, so here we go...
Nauvoo was just a really neat place. I loved it. They had lots of little performance things through out the day and then a big musical called "Sunset by the Mississippi" in the evening. Lots of fun performances for all! It was cute to see all the senior missionaries participate just as much as the young ones.
We went out again today to Hyrum Lake and had a ton of fun too. I love boating with the family, it's so fun.
Eat lots of treats and cotton candy...
Laughing at Jason as he tries to be a part of the fireworks show (and yes, we did fireworks at 8:30pm)...
And eating Cafe Rio with the fam. I am so glad they came and we could just visit and enjoy each others company.
Another exciting thing in our life is the purchase of our new mini-van. You can sort of see it in the background of the last picture. We love our Honda Odyssey! The green machine got dumped off at the wreck yard as we pulled out of Saginaw for good. And the sad part is...we only got $200 for it. Our steering wheel in our new van is worth more than that. Seriously people. What is this economy trying to do to us? First our house, then the van.... just kidding.
I have also been spending time with this wonderful girl and her family and enjoying every minute of it. She has waited 7 years for my return to Cache Valley and alas, here I am. And today is also her special day. Happy Birthday Jennifer!
I have more pictures to post of hiking and such, but that can wait until tomorrow. I hope.
4 comments:
Congrats on your move--AND the mini van. :) I must say I am jealous you are eating Cafe Rio. I miss that place.
Well, that is cute. And hooray for that game! I am excited to play it. With YOU! (But you didn't have to get me anything, you silly little things, you.)
Now, I have this problem. My phone just dropped all my contacts last night and now I need you to call me so I know your number... That is all. Dumb phone.
Glad you've settled into life out there. Miss you here in Saginaw, but isn't it great to be with family again? We finally had cousins move to town permanently and my kids are ecsatatic.
Dang, you've been busy! Sorry you had sick kids while on the road. That sounds awful!
So happy for you and Nate! First of all I miss Cache Valley. Also I can only imagine what that feeling is like--being DONE with training!!! It keeps me hopeful. :)
Post some pictures of your house soon!!!
Post a Comment