Friday, June 25, 2010

Father's day and a birthday

Last weekend was a big weekend for Nate, his birthday fell on the same day as Father's day. And, to top it off, he had the whole weekend off. That doesn't happen too often, so we took advantage and had some fun together. In no particular order, the events for the weekend included:

-rented Invictus

-enjoyed time with Nate's parents and Grandpa

-went out to eat at Sizzler (yuck. And with kids too, so it wasn't great. But that is where his grandpa wanted to go)

-ate at Costa Vida (this time delicious and with out kids!!)

-went to Toy Story 3 (thought we would see if Claire could sit through a movie yet. Nope. She lasted 10 minutes) so...

-Claire and I went shopping

-went to the parade of homes. Found great ideas for our future home.

-spent 2 hours making the German chocolate cake that Nate loves. (oh, how I hate making that cake)

-really enjoyed consuming that German chocolate cake.

-trying out the BBQ (Father's day gift)

-watching the expression on Nate's face as he opened his new iPhone. (kind of a "what in the world is this?" to a "how much was this thing?" to a "I don't even need this thing" to a "Why would anybody spend money on this thing?" look. He is so much like my father. Needless to say, he tried it out for a day and is keeping it)



Here is the handsome man himself, using his new grill...



I sure do enjoy him in my life. I am not going to get all gushy gushy and brag about how wonderful my husband is. Because really, I married him, so of course I think he is wonderful.


In other news, Dylan passed level 3 in swim while Cassie passed level 2. They sure do love it. Cassie only almost drowned once, so that is good. They can't wait to go back.

Dylan also finished t-ball and loved it. I must say I would rather watch soccer than t-ball. The games are so slow and those kids get so distracted out on the field.


Cassie and Ethan at a game...


The future Derek Jeter...


School has only been out for a month and I may be slightly ready for it to start again. Okay not really, but my kids are already getting bored and the neighbor kids seem to think this is their 2nd home. I don't mind it sometimes, but sometimes I do. We are definately ready for a change of pace coming up next week. Yay for Canada!

3 comments:

Heather S. said...

I caved and my kids are starting swim next week at sports academy too. They'll be in level 4 and Thomas will be in beginning preschool. Hopefully he'll get over his fear of water. Sorry about the lame messages on your answering machine yesterday.

Chaunda and Jeremy said...

Happy birthday Nate. Does Nate have an email I can forward an email from Lisa Gren too?

staci baker said...

Sounds like you're having a great summer so far...Bear Lake, Canada, birthday, etc...minus having the neighborhood living at your home. That can be rough. ;) But you all look great. I was just thinking about you the other day and wanted to check in. We miss you guys. Hopefully someday in the near future we can get together again. I so wish we were out of Residency like you! But it's gone by pretty fast so far. I remember you saying how you never saw Nate, and that's how I'm feeling! But I know it goes by fast. Have a great rest of your summer!