We started off by trying to figure out the trolley system. I am sure the 7 of us looked a little out of our element as we had no idea what to do and how to pay as we jumped on etc. We may or may not have accidentally rode the trolley to the very last stop on it's route and ended up standing in a back alley. Scary, but really funny at the time.
We also explored Union Square. Oh. My. Heck. I had no idea how much shopping was in San Francisco. Tons. And the people? Wow. Really, wow. Anything goes in San Fran. And I mean ANYTHING. But the best part? The food. We really loved the food. Not just the food, but the time we spent eating. We got up so early and we were out so late each night that the only time we really had to visit was while we were eating. There are cute little restaurants on almost every corner in the neighborhoods. And those are the ones we liked best. So good! Even though it was pretty chilly, we would sit out on the cozy little patios and drink hot chocolate. And the sourdough bread and soups? Mmm. I have been craving them since we got back, especially the clam chowder. And I usually don't like clam chowder.
I just really liked the city itself. So much history and so many old old homes. Have you ever seen those movies where they live almost piled on top of each other? And their yard (if they have one) is 2 feet by 8 feet? And the homes are really old 4 level Victorian homes? Well, that's how it was. And I loved it. We stayed in an area like that.
Okay, moving on...
Alcatraz. We really enjoyed this tour. We could have spent more time on the island, but it was pretty cold out there. There were some interesting stories about the prisoners and escapees. It had great views of San Francisco too...
Eating...
Fisherman's Wharf was pretty fun to walk around. It was kind of breezy and we were too lazy to walk down Pier 39. Okay, I should clarify that everyone else was too lazy. I just really wanted to walk down Pier 39 so see the sea lions at the end of the Pier. But apparently, no one else shared the same love for the sea lions as I did.
It was always foggy around the Golden Gate bridge. This is the best shot I could get...
And.... Does anyone recognize this scene????...
This is on the opening credits of Full House. I was sooooo excited to see this. I should be embarrassed to say that, but I am not. I know secretly that my sisters were excited to see it too, although they won't admit it. The real Full House house is not one of these, it is a few blocks away and no one else wanted to search for it with me. Sad, I know.
China Town...
We went on a tour of the city and saw some famous people's homes and other really cool things. I didn't know there was so much history in this city (and it was interesting history too). I really liked all the steep streets. I was really surprised they let the cable cars on some of those streets. We just stand on the edge of the car and hope we don't fall off as we speed down the steepest streets I have ever been on. The pictures don't do it justice. At the very top of the next photo is Lombard street. The windiest (and steepest, maybe?) street in the world. It was so cool.

A closer look at Lombard street...
Ghirardelli Square. Mmm, we got lots of samples here...
Did you know that a dog walker in San Fran makes up to $80,000 a year? Just sayin.
View from Lombard street...
Waiting for the next cable car. I love this picture. Because there is so much story behind it. We were waiting for a cable car to jump on and 3 had passed without letting us squeeze on. I went across the street to do funny things and make them laugh (actually, I was checking to see if the next car was coming). Tanya found some friends to talk to. It was freezing. And someone budged in front of us and was causing quite a disturbance. Anyway, the next car came and we literally forced ourselves on the car (I am or may not have threatened the driver) and didn't even know if everyone made it on. We did.
Okay, so it doesn't sound that funny. But it was.

China Town again...

I am pretty sure the other girls took better pictures of everything, but I was tired of waiting for them to send them to me.
China Town again...
I am pretty sure the other girls took better pictures of everything, but I was tired of waiting for them to send them to me.
I loved this trip with these girls because we all have so much fun together and can totally be ourselves. So many memories were created and I swear we were laughing 90% of the time.
Oh yes, and I can't forget to mention that at almost every meal someone would sneakily mention that it was my birthday. So I got many happy birthday songs and free desserts on this trip (we gave good tips to make up for it). It took me by surprise every time and I didn't know how to act. This is a trick I like to play on other people, so to have it be played on me was a little strange.
Ah, until next time...
6 comments:
Great post Brianne!! I thoroughly enjoyed every moment as you recounted your trip to San Francisco! Sounds like an awesome experience and perfect timing for all. Shawn went the summer before last and loved it! He got some really great photos! Man, I wish my kids blogged! They have more of a life than I do. Right now, anyway!
No fair. I want a girl's weekend...
Pics and words cannot even express the fun we had! And every weekend I keep wishing we were there again. What an opportunity. Wish we could do it every year--even if the beds were rather---interesting.It made me cry as I read and remembered. Thanx for the blog Brianne. Love you! MOM
Okay--so I didn't think I hit anonymous! But it really was your mother that send that last comment.
How fun! I haven't been there in years and I didn't even ride a trolley or see Chinatown. Maybe someday I'll go back.
Great pictures Brianne !WHat a blast! Wish I had felt better for the trip! My eyes were driving me crazy! I couldn't see without my glasses yet I still couldn't see because I then couldn't wear my sunglasses! What a miserable EYE experience!! All I wanted was to be able to wear my contacts!!! I just need to do LASIK!!!
Post a Comment