tarting on Thursdays actually, people would set anything they wanted to get rid of out on the curb for anyone to take. So my eyes always were hunting for these "free items", but I never found anything that we needed or was in descent enough condition to keep. But then........................ I found out about the yard sales. Wow, they are everywhere! There are so many every weekend that I stress over deciding which ones to go to. This weekend, the little town we live by had a festival and there were over 100 yard sales in the area! So Paige and I went out at 8:30 for a few hours and found some good things. Many of the yard sales were disappointing and I walked away empty-handed from most of them, but we enjoyed the time rummaging and trying to bargain prices down. We have made some great purchases in the past, including our lawn-mower, lawn-seeder, gas can, sand box, puzzles, our king size bed (I know that sounds gross, but it is an awesome bed), tricycle, trucks for Dylan, little tykes tables and chairs, books, and my bike to name a few. Yesterday, my hot buys were these two toys for Dylan. He is lacking toys and gets very exciting when anything new to him comes into the house. This train set, which has kept him busy since I came home with it yesterday, was only $4. This Little People airport/road thing, which he hasn't cared for yet, was only $3. Now don't be fooled by the couches in the back ground, they were already ours. We are trying to keep these precious babies in the family as long as we can. I also got Dylan some digging trucks for outside for 25 cents each, some snow boots for next winter for 50 cents. Some shoes for Henry for 50 cents, and many more. So that is my new hobby. I love to go yard-saling to see what I can find. Our neighbors junk truly is our treasure.Sunday, April 29, 2007
My new hobby
My new hobby started last June when our little family was driving into Saginaw for the first time to live in our new home. I kept noticing random "things" sitting on the side of the road. As I would look closer, these "things" appeared to be valuable materials. This sparked an interest for me and I decided to look further into the matter. I found out that every weekend, s
tarting on Thursdays actually, people would set anything they wanted to get rid of out on the curb for anyone to take. So my eyes always were hunting for these "free items", but I never found anything that we needed or was in descent enough condition to keep. But then........................ I found out about the yard sales. Wow, they are everywhere! There are so many every weekend that I stress over deciding which ones to go to. This weekend, the little town we live by had a festival and there were over 100 yard sales in the area! So Paige and I went out at 8:30 for a few hours and found some good things. Many of the yard sales were disappointing and I walked away empty-handed from most of them, but we enjoyed the time rummaging and trying to bargain prices down. We have made some great purchases in the past, including our lawn-mower, lawn-seeder, gas can, sand box, puzzles, our king size bed (I know that sounds gross, but it is an awesome bed), tricycle, trucks for Dylan, little tykes tables and chairs, books, and my bike to name a few. Yesterday, my hot buys were these two toys for Dylan. He is lacking toys and gets very exciting when anything new to him comes into the house. This train set, which has kept him busy since I came home with it yesterday, was only $4. This Little People airport/road thing, which he hasn't cared for yet, was only $3. Now don't be fooled by the couches in the back ground, they were already ours. We are trying to keep these precious babies in the family as long as we can. I also got Dylan some digging trucks for outside for 25 cents each, some snow boots for next winter for 50 cents. Some shoes for Henry for 50 cents, and many more. So that is my new hobby. I love to go yard-saling to see what I can find. Our neighbors junk truly is our treasure.
tarting on Thursdays actually, people would set anything they wanted to get rid of out on the curb for anyone to take. So my eyes always were hunting for these "free items", but I never found anything that we needed or was in descent enough condition to keep. But then........................ I found out about the yard sales. Wow, they are everywhere! There are so many every weekend that I stress over deciding which ones to go to. This weekend, the little town we live by had a festival and there were over 100 yard sales in the area! So Paige and I went out at 8:30 for a few hours and found some good things. Many of the yard sales were disappointing and I walked away empty-handed from most of them, but we enjoyed the time rummaging and trying to bargain prices down. We have made some great purchases in the past, including our lawn-mower, lawn-seeder, gas can, sand box, puzzles, our king size bed (I know that sounds gross, but it is an awesome bed), tricycle, trucks for Dylan, little tykes tables and chairs, books, and my bike to name a few. Yesterday, my hot buys were these two toys for Dylan. He is lacking toys and gets very exciting when anything new to him comes into the house. This train set, which has kept him busy since I came home with it yesterday, was only $4. This Little People airport/road thing, which he hasn't cared for yet, was only $3. Now don't be fooled by the couches in the back ground, they were already ours. We are trying to keep these precious babies in the family as long as we can. I also got Dylan some digging trucks for outside for 25 cents each, some snow boots for next winter for 50 cents. Some shoes for Henry for 50 cents, and many more. So that is my new hobby. I love to go yard-saling to see what I can find. Our neighbors junk truly is our treasure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh, stop. Don't you know that we have never purchased ONE THING new in our entire marriage? Nothing. Wait, we bought a new desk. That's it. Everything is from a "carport" sale or D.I.
Cool stuff though. I wish we lived somewhere where people were more willing to part with their still-nice things... As it is now, their items go through 9 kids, then their kids' families, etc. and THEN they try to sell them. Great.
Post a Comment