Here are some pictures from our trip to Canada last week. Unfortunately, Nate wasn't able to come with the kids and I because he was in Guatemala basking in the sun (and saving peoples lives). Dylan had the time of his life on the farm. Everyday since we've been home, he keeps asking to ride on Grandpa's tractors. He wanted to be with Grandpa every minute of the day helping him on the farm. .JPG)
Feeding a calf with Grandpa:
.JPG)
.JPG)
.JPG)
.JPG)
.JPG)
Now that Dylan has had a taste of being on the farm and playing outside this season, I am not sure how I am going to keep him inside. I had to give him a bath almost every day in Canada because he would get so dirty (and smelly).
.JPG)
.JPG)
Had to add some in of Cassie. She did really well after the first couple of days. She was sick to begin the trip and when the plane landed in Calgary, she barfed all over me. I didn't have time to change her on the plane so I just brought her off in only a onesie. Then we almost didn't make it passed customs because I didn't have a note from Nate giving me permission to take the kids out of the country. So we almost camped out in the airport for 10 days but I finally talked the border lady into letting us into Canada, insisting that kidnapping these two kids would be one of the "not so smartest" things I could ever do=).
.JPG)
This was the cutest thing. When we landed bot the kids wanted to look out the window and I couldn't believe how nice they were to each other. They stood like this for a long time.
.JPG)
We also had fun riding on the "big bikes", as Dylan would call them. Even with the freezing wind blowing on us, he still got a thrill out of riding on the quads.
Feeding a calf with Grandpa:
Checking cows. (And yes, Dylan is wearing purple boots because one of the blue boots ended up at the bottom of a lake last year while fishing, due to one Dylan Whittaker throwing it overboard (and Grandpa trying to rescue it, but not succeeding)).
Just chilling in Grandma's kitchen after getting all cleaned up:
Eating lunch at GG's (Great Grandma's). It sure was a good lunch. We were able to spend a lot of time with my Grandma and it was a lot of fun.
Cassie with Grandma:
Now that Dylan has had a taste of being on the farm and playing outside this season, I am not sure how I am going to keep him inside. I had to give him a bath almost every day in Canada because he would get so dirty (and smelly).
Had to add some in of Cassie. She did really well after the first couple of days. She was sick to begin the trip and when the plane landed in Calgary, she barfed all over me. I didn't have time to change her on the plane so I just brought her off in only a onesie. Then we almost didn't make it passed customs because I didn't have a note from Nate giving me permission to take the kids out of the country. So we almost camped out in the airport for 10 days but I finally talked the border lady into letting us into Canada, insisting that kidnapping these two kids would be one of the "not so smartest" things I could ever do=).
This was the cutest thing. When we landed bot the kids wanted to look out the window and I couldn't believe how nice they were to each other. They stood like this for a long time.
The kids did really well on the airplane, besides another barfing incident on the flight home. This time I caught it all over me instead of letting it go on the floor. The flight attendant was very helpful and insisted on continuously dumping powder all over me to get the smell out. It worked okay. This was before our 2 hour layover in Chicago, plus a 2 hour delay. Luckily, we met up with Nate's mom and Lisa and Whitney for about 45 minutes. It was so nice to see them and have some help for a while. Since Cassie doesn't let anyone hold her but my lucky self, I was very surprized that she let her Grandma Whittaker hold her almost the whole time.
One very happy Nate and Dylan being reunited. Yes I know, Nate is tan.
4 comments:
I love your blog Brianne! This is so fun. Dylan and especially Cassie look so big now! I can't believe it's been a year since we saw you. Keep the pictures and notes coming! I have you bookmarked now.
Yaaaay Bran! Those are some very very cute pictures and I am jealous that Dylan has a farmer for a Grandpa. Gordon wants to come too!
Oh my goodness I cant believe how big those kids are!!!!!! Yeah the farm is so great. We take Autumn out there maybe I little too often she always cries now when we bring her inside and hangs around the window pointing at the animals until another outing!!! Good times.You are one brave girl to go through all of that by yourself. YOU GO GIRL! Anyway awesome update I hope I get to see you sometime in the summer! luv ya
YAY! I'm so glad you're blogging! This will be a great way to keep in touch.
Post a Comment