Dylan and Cassie
absolutely loved trick-or-treating. This first picture is of the first house we went to and it was pretty cool. They had a lot of scary things outside. If you look closely, you can see someone sitting on the patio step dressed as a monster. It was sitting very still so the kids didn't notice it was actually a person until the lady roared at them. Cassie went all hysterical and was running away screaming. The lady then felt really bad and took off her mask and gave them extra candy. It was pretty funny.
.JPG)
.JPG)
Cute little penguin and lion. If I emailed you pictures last year, then you probably remember these costumes. They are the same ones as last year. I guess I am pretty boring, but I didn't want to go out and buy new costumes when we could squeeze the kids into these again. And look, they are cute.
.JPG)
I love Dylan's mane in the picture above. He was so funny in his costume. He would run around and it would flow and bounce in the wind. Very funny. Also, did you notice what he is wearing on his feet? Yes, those are flip-flops. And if you look again, you will notice they are 2 different flip-flops. This is one of the battles that I choose not to fight. I mean hey, does it really matter? I think he learned his lesson when the rain storm hit a 1/2 hour into trick-or-treating and his feet about
froze off. Silly kid.
.JPG)
Our ward play-group ended up on Halloween so we had a little party at the church.
.JPG)
Cassie loves slides. It was fun to watch her go flying down this in her costume and then get stuck on the floor at the bottom. The penguin was perfect for her, since she kind of waddles like a penguin
anyway. When we were trick-or-treating, she was always the last one to reach the door. When the bigger kids all cleared the way, a little penguin would waddle around the corner and the people passing out treats kept going off about how cute "he" was. Yes, they thought she was a boy. But that is okay, it was oringally Dylan's costume anyway.
.JPG)
I am not sure why I posted these 2, but I guess it is because my kids are always hanging around the food table. I can't get them to eat at home, but when we are anywhere else they always go to the food. Hm, I wonder where they get that from?
.JPG)
I love Halloween and I am sad that it is over. I always get sad when any holiday ends.
The kids love having access to so much candy (yes, I am the kind of mother that lets my kids their halloween candy when ever they want. I mean hey, they are going to eat it all anyway, so why not get it over with? (some restrictions apply)). But anyway, a little something funny...every time I check to see how much candy they each have left, I notice that Dylan's bag somehow has become a little heavier and Cassie's is getting quite a bit lighter. So I kept an eye on Dylan and when he thinks no one is looking, he sticks his whole head into Cassie's bag and takes what he wants and puts it in his bag. Sneaky little boy!!!!
1 comment:
Cute costumes. I don't blame you for wanting to squeeze in one more time. I've done it several times. Christie wore a pumpkin costume this year that I've had since I was in high school and it's been worn several years since by me.
You wouldn't belong to the Folsom family if you didn't want to hang around the food table.
Post a Comment