Sunday, November 25, 2007

Sea World

I love this picture. I was trying to get the dolphin in the background as well, but ended up getting this. I think it looks pretty cool.

Sea World was really fun. We only spent a day there and we did almost everything we wanted to do. Only one of the big rides was open (Atlantis) and it was pretty fun, but wet. We did a LOT of walking that day because there were so many shows going on and we had to back track a lot to get to them. We were all so tired by the end of the day, but again, all the kids did so well.



This is one of my favorite pictures I have ever taken! This walrus hung out right there forever and the kids loved it! (Dylan and Sam above, Cassie and Sam below)



And what would this post be with out a picture of the great Shamu?



Dylan, Aubrey, Sam, and boy who wouldn't move so I could get a picture. They were touching sting ray. I thought it was pretty neat. They were so soft and slimy!


Aubrey in her wheel chair. She hurt her knee the day before and couldn't walk on it. It hurt her so bad that we went to the first aid station at the end of the day to make sure she was okay and they gave all the kids stuffed animals. They were so happy, and so was I! Dylan and Cassie loved watching the penguins earlier and they both finally got a stuffed penguin. You see, most attraction Parks of this kind have this smart idea of strategically placing the gift shop right where you exit from the exhibits/rides. Of course, my kids go running over and always want something. Dylan and Cassie really wanted a penguin after we watched them earlier in the day, but I just couldn't bring myself to spend that much money on a little stuffed animal. So, you could only imagine the light shining in their eyes when they were given the choice of any stuffed animal they wanted (okay, out of 5 or so). Dylan chose the biggest penguin and Cassie chose the smallest penguin (she has a thing for tiny things or "babies", as she calls them). The stuffed penguins have been loved very much since coming home with us.

It was a fun day had by all. And who would have guessed that we would run into an old friend from good ol Hill Spring. (Jodi Lewis). It was fun to see her and her cute little family. We saw them at Disneyland later that week as well.

More to come still..........

1 comment:

Tina Folsom said...

I hate it too how places strategically place things where they know our kids will whine until we buy something. I'm glad they were able to get one for free!