Above: The Smith's log cabin. I think it is a replica, but I can't remember. It was so tiny and hard to believe that I was standing where so many neat things happened.
Below: The road connecting the log home to the Smith's frame home. If you look really close, you can see Dylan and Cassie running at the end of the road. They were a little hard to keep control of.
Below: The fire place in the Frame home. These bricks are the original bricks that Joseph hid the Plates under. So cool!
Above: Dylan on a bridge just before entering the Sacred Grove.
Below: The Sacred Grove. My favorite part of the whole trip.
Above: This is where the Book of Mormon was first printed. It was a lot more interesting then I anticipated. So much detail went into printing the first copies of the Book.
Above: In the visitor's center at the Hill Cumorah.
Below: On top of the Hill Cumorah. I really wish I would have gotten a picture from the bottom of the hill. It isn't a big hill, but it is really steep. I counted the climb as my exercise for the week.
That's all for now.
3 comments:
Hey, we went there next too. We are tooootally the same. I know. Did you go to Kirtland after this? Because then we'd be like BFFs.
Looks like so much fun! We're hoping to get both of those trips in this summer. I'll have to ask you when I get back on the details. I'm wondering if we can go into Canada because Peyton doesn't have a passport. Anyway...fun pictures. Glad you had a good time!
P.S. Do you have Angie Center's email address?
The Sacred Grove is absolutely stunning! Rightfully so.
Before we're done in Michigan, the church history sites are definitely something we want to do when family comes.
Post a Comment