So anyway, other then the weather, we had a great Easter. We had a big dinner last night with some friends and then played Cities and Knights (an extended version of Settlers of Cataan) and I FINALLY won! It had been a long time since I won and it felt so nice to be competitive again. It is great to have friends here that love games as much (actually even more) then we do. It has been a blessing, truly. So anyway, Dylan enjoyed his basket this morning. I was lying in bed and all I could here is little wrappers out in the hall. He loved finding chocolate and his bubble gun and playing with them before church. Cassie never actually saw her basket, since Dylan found it first and hid it from her. It is probably better that way because I didn't really want her to have all that candy anyway. We had Matt and Tami and girls over for dinner after church. It was fun to have just us two families and be able to visit them. They are leaving soon to Idaho Falls and we will miss them so much. I made a really good chocolate cheesecake flan that I will have to post on here. It was great. I hope everyone had an enjoyable Easter, especially my family since the whole extended Folsom family (minus mine and Tanya's families) had a reunion in beautiful "sunny and warm" (that is not fair) St. George!
Sunday, April 8, 2007
Happy Easter
Well, it was a great Easter weekend, however I can not believe the weather here in Michigan. People warned me before I came here that Spring doesn't really exist here. They said it warms up in March and teases you to the point where you almost start wearing shorts, and then it snows again for another month. Well, that is happening. It has been sooooo cold here! Last night it was -18 F. (with a wind chill). I am so tired of my winter coat and bundling the kids up everywhere I go. So we just stay home because I won't go anywhere until it warms up. Yes, there was snow this morning, on Easter nonetheless. I figured since I am from Canada that I can handle this coldness, but I can't. It must end soon!
So anyway, other then the weather, we had a great Easter. We had a big dinner last night with some friends and then played Cities and Knights (an extended version of Settlers of Cataan) and I FINALLY won! It had been a long time since I won and it felt so nice to be competitive again. It is great to have friends here that love games as much (actually even more) then we do. It has been a blessing, truly. So anyway, Dylan enjoyed his basket this morning. I was lying in bed and all I could here is little wrappers out in the hall. He loved finding chocolate and his bubble gun and playing with them before church. Cassie never actually saw her basket, since Dylan found it first and hid it from her. It is probably better that way because I didn't really want her to have all that candy anyway. We had Matt and Tami and girls over for dinner after church. It was fun to have just us two families and be able to visit them. They are leaving soon to Idaho Falls and we will miss them so much. I made a really good chocolate cheesecake flan that I will have to post on here. It was great. I hope everyone had an enjoyable Easter, especially my family since the whole extended Folsom family (minus mine and Tanya's families) had a reunion in beautiful "sunny and warm" (that is not fair) St. George!
So anyway, other then the weather, we had a great Easter. We had a big dinner last night with some friends and then played Cities and Knights (an extended version of Settlers of Cataan) and I FINALLY won! It had been a long time since I won and it felt so nice to be competitive again. It is great to have friends here that love games as much (actually even more) then we do. It has been a blessing, truly. So anyway, Dylan enjoyed his basket this morning. I was lying in bed and all I could here is little wrappers out in the hall. He loved finding chocolate and his bubble gun and playing with them before church. Cassie never actually saw her basket, since Dylan found it first and hid it from her. It is probably better that way because I didn't really want her to have all that candy anyway. We had Matt and Tami and girls over for dinner after church. It was fun to have just us two families and be able to visit them. They are leaving soon to Idaho Falls and we will miss them so much. I made a really good chocolate cheesecake flan that I will have to post on here. It was great. I hope everyone had an enjoyable Easter, especially my family since the whole extended Folsom family (minus mine and Tanya's families) had a reunion in beautiful "sunny and warm" (that is not fair) St. George!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Cute picture! I know how you feel about the cold. Everyone in Boston says it doesn't warm up until May. It snowed here last Wednesday. My brother came to visit and the weather was so cold the whole time he was here that we didn't get to do many things so I feel bad for him. I am so ready for spring! Stay warm.
As if it's still that cold there! I guess I won't complain about our weather here anymore... Cute dress on Cassie. We think alike...Gordon got those bubbles for Easter too!
Oh no... I'm not looking forward to Michigan weather! I've been spoiled living in Texas for so long! (Yesterday it was in the 60's and people were in parkas and scarves!)
Cool picture with the bubbles!
Post a Comment