Monday, May 14, 2007

Happy Mother's day

I wasn't going to blog about Mother's Day, but since I just put the kids down for bed and Nate is on call all night, I thought I would take advantage of this computer time.

My mom, bless her heart, sent me an early mother's day gift that I haven't had a chance to read yet. I was very excited to get a package in the mail with my name on it. This book looks very good and I hope I can get to it soon. Even though I have only seen my mom once in the whole last year, she has done a lot for me and is always available to talk to. I love her and I hope she had a wonderful mother's day. My gift to her was a card in the mail. Very lame, I know, but I told her if she wanted her gift then she had to come visit me (since they haven't made it out here yet since we moved here).


So Nate worked all day and all night Saturday and got off work at 10:30 Sunday morning. He is very nice to me on Sunday's and lets me sleep in a little while he makes German Pancakes for all of us. But, since he wasn't home on Mother's day morning we had cereal. It is always a little hectic on Sunday mornings and the kids both decided to be very "needy", meaning they both were fussy and needed me to hold them and I needed to get ready for church. So, after persuading Dylan to watch cartoons I put a screaming Cassie in the crib and got ready as fast as I could. I had to get to church early to make hundreds of handouts for my 2 wonderful callings that I have in the ward (said a little sarcastically). I am not sure what my kids have against church, but it seems to bring out the worst in both myself and the kids. I think we are the biggest distraction in sacrament meeting, with all the books and toys and snacks being thrown everywhere. Then Dylan reluctantly goes to nursery and Cassie clings to me like nothing else while I am trying to run around the church getting R.S. things done. People have offered to take her, but she won't have it. I usually need 4 hands, but only have one. Only 4 more weeks until she goes to nursery. So we came home from church, I fed the kids leftovers and we all settled in for a nap. Or so I thought. Dylan decided he needed to come jump on me ten hundred times on the couch and Cassie wouldn't stop screaming in her crib. So I got her out because I didn't want her to wake up Nate and we played for a while. I decided since it was Mother's day, I needed something for myself. So I made this wonderful score cake. It is my favorite and looks something like this picture. When Nate woke up a little later (due to me hiding from the kids to get a little breather and they, the kids, waking up their daddy because they couldn't find mommy), we had some left over pizza and some cake. Not a very healthy combo, but a good one. After the kids went to bed, I opened my gift from Nate (and the kids). I was certainly surprised to find one Brita water filter for the faucet. Yes, a water filter. You see, Nate and I like to get each other random things that are kind of funny. Since I found out I was pregnant with Cassie, I have had an issue with water and I have to have it filtered before I drink it. And so Nate, the brilliant doctor that he is, thought it would be easier for me to now drink straight from the faucet instead of repeatedly filling up the Brita jug. Brilliant I tell ya.
So all in all, it was a wonderful day. I love my little stinks to death and I am so glad I was able to spend the day with them. I couldn't ask for a better job then spending everyday with them (okay maybe some days I could).

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Sad! As if Nate had to work all day and all night! And as if you made your own cake! And as if they are your little stinks! What is your calling in RS? For some reason I thought you were the nursery singing leader. Did you used to be that?

Aren't Sundays the worst? I definitely know what you're talking about. Mike has meetings before church so I have to get everyone ready by myself... which usually involves a lot of screaming and running around, and then Mike has to teach, so I always have the kids. Sometimes I wonder why I even go because I am in the hall the whole time. Although, it was probably harder for you when Nate was in the bishopric, eh? Ok, I will stop complaining. And I will stop writing now because this is a very long comment, indeed.

Let me know how you like that book. We should do a book swap sometime...I am in need of some good ones. :) Okay bye.