But more importantly, here is a list of blessings I have received as of late:
Warning: kind of long and probably boring to most of you
- The baby came at a perfect time. I kept telling everyone that my mom would be here on Monday (the 25th), my baby shower was on Tuesday (the 26th), and the contractions would start that night and the baby would be here on Wednesday (the 27th). And guess what, that is exactly how it happened.
- A successful delivery! Yay, no C-section this time. Everything went pretty smooth, minus the hour or more that the Anesthesiologist spent trying to insert the epidural. That was one of the worst hours of my life. He said I had really tight bones and that he has only had this problem one other time in the 16 years that he has practiced. Soon they brought a different Dr. in and he had no problem. That was awful, and I still have scabs on my back from his attempts! Nothing like feeling a huge needle scrape against your backbone for an hour. (and then the epidural ran out and they wouldn't give me more!!! I need my drugs!) But overall it was a good experience. You forget what your body has to go through to get these little babies here. Oh, and Nate even delivered the baby. It was neat.
- A healthy and beautiful little girl!
- A really good baby! Seriously, she has been so good. She has slept really well every night, only waking up about 1-2 times to eat and then she goes right back to sleep. I hope this keeps up!
- A wonderful mother who came to help. She did so much for me while being here and the kids just loved spending so much time with her. We were all very sad to see her leave!
- Wonderful friends and ward members. Seriously, I have so much food in my fridge and I don't think I have ever been given so many gifts. This ward is great, even though I already have a boy and a girl, they still gave me a shower. So nice! I will really miss it here when we have to move.
- After a rough first day at pre-school, Dylan is doing a lot better. It was a bad day for both of us, but I think I made it worse for him. I tend to be very emotional after having a baby and this time around, I hadn't lost control of my emotions yet. Until I walked Dylan into pre-school that first day. Then it hit me. And I couldn't stop. My tears kept coming. And coming. And coming. I was very embarrassed because I was never going to be that sappy mom that cried when dropping her child of at school. But I did. And the hardest part was that I had to stay with him that first day and the tears wouldn't stop! I tried blaming it on just having a baby, but no one believed me. And Dylan was doing so good until he saw me crying and then he wouldn't stop either. Great. Look what I did. I tried telling him that I was just sad because Grandma was leaving tomorrow but I don't think he bought it. So here both of us are trying to gain control of our emotions and as soon as anyone would come try go talk to me, they would start up again. Very embarrassing. The teacher thinks I am depressed, but I tried to tell her I am fine (which I am) but I just get very emotional after having babies and once I get started, it is very hard to stop. So I had Nate take Dylan the next day because Dylan was protesting and I wanted to be sure that my emotions were intact again. And Dylan did great. It took a few minutes but he came home happy and wants to go back! Thank goodness!
- The help that Nate has given me! He has done so much for me and spent so much more time with the other kids. I know this could change now that his schedule is going to be busier these next couple of weeks, but it has been wonderful. When Dylan was a baby (during 2nd and 3rd years of med school) I would have to drive circles around the hospital in hopes that Nate would get a break to come out and say hi for a couple of minutes. Let's just say that he doesn't remember much about Dylan being a baby.
- Dylan and Cassie have taken really well to having a baby around. They have been great helpers too.
And last but not least....
- I tried my old jeans on a few days ago and they fit!!! Yay!!!
(and a big congrats goes to my little brother and his wife who just found out they are expecting twins! A boy and a girl.)
4 comments:
I can't believe your jeans fit! You are so lucky! It takes me a good 9 months before my pants fit again! I guess since you only gain 10 pounds when you're pregnant, that what happens when you're done! That is a blessing! Glad you're doing well and that the baby is so good. You deserve it! Can't wait to see more pictures!
Awesome entry. very informative! Hope your doing better. I know how you must have felt that first day of preschool. I have honestly been in your shoes many times before. If you need anything just call. Wait till he goes to grade school.
I started crying just reading your post! I know what it's like to be tired with a newborn and hormones out of wack. I know what it's like to have your oldest start school. The combination, I've never had. I think I would have exploded!
Those are awesome blessings Brianne! And yeah, I totally believe that your old jeans fit. You were hiding your pregnancy with Cassie for so long because you are such a skinny cute girl. And lucky for you that she came the way you said, that's great!
Post a Comment