Monday, January 26, 2009

The "Rock"

Okay, I really have been meaning to update this. I have pictures to post and my excuse is that the laptop has been in Nate's possession for the last couple of weeks for work reasons, and this computer I am on now needs to be retired. But it can't, because we need it for various things. I am sure it was one of the very first computers made. I think. It is slow, the screen makes me dizzy and it is HUGE. We call it "The Death Star". But anyway, enough of that.

I have lots to say about other things, including Realtors and trying to get my house ready to sell and take care of 3 kids at the same time, but I am really really tired right now. So I will leave you with this picture that I have been meaning to post since October.

In October we had a big ward Fall Festival and for part of it the scouts did an "anything goes" pinewood derby. Anyone could participate and do whatever they wanted with their cars. It was really fun. I wish I had pictures of the 25 other cars. Some were pretty serious with engines, compressed air, remote controls etc. I expected a little more out of Nate, but with his limited time, this is what he came up with. Nate and Dylan made it together and had fun, so I guess that is what counts. And it did pretty good too. It got second in every heat it was in. I underestimated it.

Here is "The Rcck":



5 comments:

Tanya said...

Your kidding me!Lol he really just stuck a rock on the top of his car? Check out Taylors car on my blog. He spent SO much time on it. He turned it into a hummer. It was pretty cool! But a rock!!!! Nate it looks like a white trash Car, hey, but it did "rock" in the competition. Too funny! Who would have thought a rock.....? NATE of course.

Jennifer said...

Silly Nate. As if!

staci baker said...

Hilarious! Did it win!?

Anonymous said...

I absolutely HATED those Cub cars. I wish they would have let us have no rules. I think Nate and Dylan should have won MOST ORIGINAL.

Deibel Family said...

I thought your car was awesome. Ours was lame and kept falling off the track. But what can you except when you use stolen materials to win at a church function? Our Deibel Dr car is still sitting on the work bench--I've got to hang that sign back up in the garage.