Well anyway, we had a great Christmas. It was so fun to have such excited kids for Christmas and watch them be so giddy. Christmas Eve was spent with the kids and I. Yup, Nate had to work. It was a little hard for me being away from family that night and husbandless for the evening, but it was so relaxing and peaceful. I think I had the kids in bed by 8 and then I watched The Forgotten Christmas Carols on DVD. I have to say that I think it is much better watching it live than on DVD. But it was nice. I guess I'd better get used to holidays without my husband because he will probably have to work many of them from here on out. He has made it this far with out working Christmas, so I guess it was his turn.
The kids loved their PJ's! Not sure why Dylan is so blurry. He wouldn't sit still from excitement.
The kids were really really really excited to leave Santa something to eat. Since corn dogs recently became Dylan's favorite food, he was determined to leave one for Santa. Along with some turtles (that he helped make), caramels (or carnivals, as Dylan calls them), egg nog, and at the last minute, Cassie thought he needed a banana too. Santa will defiantly love these 2 kids!
Christmas morning was so nice. I was really worried about it just being our family, but I think I prefer it that way now. We took a long time opening presents and we even had an intermission to eat some cinnamon rolls. Then we relaxed and just hung out. Nate had to leave for work at 12:30pm again and I was okay with that. That meant we didn't have to go anywhere for dinner and the kids and I could stay in our PJ's and play with new stuff all day long. It really was a good day.
Dylan being a little overwhelmed by the whole thing:
This rocket/spaceship building thing was by far his favorite toy:
Cassie was in love with her Dora tent, which sadly is already broken. For some reason, she thought if she jumped off the couch on top of it that it would hold her. Nate tried to tape the rods back together after they snapped, and the kids seemed satisfied with it. I wish I had a picture of it now, it looks so funny, but they still play in it.
So anyway, since Nate worked during Christmas week, he got 5 days off shortly after so we decided to head to my sister's house in Wisconsin. We both wanted to relax and we knew we would relax better if we were away from home because we always think we have to get things done when we are home. So we called them and told them were heading their way and Brian (my brother-in-law) got right on setting up his projector and surround sound. It was awesome. It was better then watching a movie in the theater. Their whole house would rumble as we (mostly the guys) hibernated in the basement and watched 8 movies during our stay. I know, doesn't sound like fun but it was. We just hung out on our butts the whole time and ate a ton. Thanks for letting us invade guys.
Oh, and with gas being so cheap the whole trip cost us a total of $60!!! Oh, and plus $17 in dang toll booths. Oh, and a $20 ticket for parking on the street during winter. Oops.
2 comments:
You didn't tell us you got a ticket!!!!! I'm so sorry! I totally forgot about that rule.... We had a blast with you guys. We loved the visit. Thanks for coming!
Umm, as if you left Santa a corn dog! Ketchup and all. Funny. We thought it would be fun to stay home for Christmas by ourselves this year, but then I chickened out and got sad about it, so home we went. It really does sound fun and more relaxing though. Perhaps we will try again next year...
And those pictures are cute cute cute. That's all.
Post a Comment