Sunday, February 8, 2009

Anbody want to buy a house in Michigan?

Because our sign went up Friday!



It is with mixed feelings that I write about this. First of all, if anyone has been paying attention to the housing market then you should know that Michigan is one of the worst, if not THE worst, state to sell a house in right now. Great for buyers, not great for us. We are going into this knowing we will loose about $20k on it, unless a miracle happens. But what else do we do. Life is taking us elsewhere and who had any idea this was going to happen to the market.

Secondly, when I saw the sign go up in our yard, a rush of emotion came across me. This is it! This is the time we have been waiting for our whole marriage, and it is kind of sad. But yet we are so excited for the time ahead of us. Mostly, I am so excited to find out what Nate will be like outside of the school/residency scenario. That is all I have ever known of him and to have him be an actual part of our family will be great! (I am not saying he isn't a part of our family right now, he is just really really busy, even when he is at home. To have him come home each day and have ALL of his attention will be glorious!!!)

But on the other hand, leaving Saginaw will bring many many tears to me. I will save this for a post further down the road, as I don't want to get all mushy mushy right now. (I have already warned Nate that I may be a little emotional the next few months)

So if you, or anyone you know, would like to purchase a lovely home in the beautiful and non-thriving state of Michigan, just leave me a comment and I will get back to you pronto. I mean it.

4 comments:

Carolee said...

Congrats on the sign!!! I can't believe this is finally happening. It is suddenly becoming all to real. I started crying when I read your post and am still crying. If anything is misspelled it is because I can't see. For some reason I think tomorrow at Cora's is going to be hard. I love ya.

Andrea Holley said...

Florida has been hit really hard too - I bet 30% of our neighborhood is either for sale or abandoned/foreclosed. I'm glad we aren't trying to sell right now because we would lose a lot more than 20K!

tracie said...

If I hear of anyone I'll definetly send them your way!

Trisha said...

Brianne can I just that I feel your pain. I hated the idea of moving to Tennessee, and now I can't see myself having to leave. I almost was in tears as I drove up our driveway the other day, just thinking about having to sell this place in a few years already is getting emotional. I guess because it's our first house, and our kids will pretty much grow up here. Good luck with the move!