Highlights of the trip include:
- driving over Mackinaw bridge. It was so cool! This bridge connects the upper peninsula to the lower peninsula of Michigan. And, it is 5 miles long! How cool is that? A 5 mile long bridge. I thought it was pretty cool. And a little creepy.

- taking the jet boat/cruiser thing over to the island. Fun times. And cold on the way back, since we sat on top.
- just being on this cool island! There are no cars on the island, just bikes and horses EVERYWHERE. We got there pretty early in the day, so this picture doesn't show how crazy it got later. It was so funny to see business men in suits riding around on bikes. It really felt like we were living back in time, with cute little shops everywhere and no cars. I loved it!
- Claire took 4 naps while we were on the island. She loves this thing...
- renting bikes and riding around the whole island. It was an 8 mile ride. So pretty!
(notice where Claire is riding? we had maaaany comments about that. And about the size of our family. 3 kids is a big deal here, I guess. I Never hear the end of that.)
(notice the bridge in the background of the next picture. We are supposed to be posing with it.)
- So many historical things on the island that we wanted to see, but with kids it was kind of hard. So we just took pictures of the kids playing outside of them. This next one is a big Fort on the island. It also has a very loud cannon that goes off every once in a while and freaks everyone out.
Dylan being Dylan...
6 comments:
Claire is soo cute!!! I love the picture of her in the backpack thing. I need to go to that island, I would be all over the fudge and ice cream. And I do love riding bikes too.
When we took our kids there a couple of years ago, our kids thought it was the funnest trip they had ever been on. Maybe it was the last part of the trip when we went and visited the Whittaker Family. Yes, the fudge is great! Oh, and the ice cream too. I've never seen so many different flavors of fudge, and ice cream.
I haven't been there since Elyse was five months old. I'm trying to persuade relatives to come visit me and go. Looks like a fun trip.
You can actually walk across the bridge on Labor Day (at least I think it's labor day) and get a cheesy certificate saying what number you are to have crossed. Matt and I tried it once. In the middle of the bridge is just a grill and you can see straight down to the water--which looks really, really far away.
Well that is cute and fun. It seems like all of our vacations are spent visiting family and it gets so crazy. It's nice to just be able to go somewhere with the 4 of us sometimes.
That sounds like such a fun place, I'm so glad that you guys were able to go there. I'm so jealous. The bike that Dylan was riding looked like a lot of fun. I wish that I could be behind someone too, and make them do all the pedaling. Jks! Cute pictures!
We do miss a few things about Michigan - the people, the produce, and Mackinaw Island. Pick a few blueberries for me before you leave!
Post a Comment