Lots and lots of speedos. I kept sneaking pictures here and there just to put on my blog, but why would I want this post full of almost naked old men? So I will leave it to your imagination.
So anyway, we had fun. Originally we wanted to do something with the kids but ended up on our own trip. And I am so glad. I really missed the kids and it was hard to leave them, but it was so nice to have some freedom. And the thing I was looking forward to the most on this trip was flying on the airplane WITH OUT kids. I have flown too many times alone with children and I very much enjoyed being able to relax on the flight.
We got to Cancun just as a 4 day rain storm was leaving. Thank goodness. Although it did rain a little on us, but only in the evening. (Which was really nice)
We stayed at a really cool resort in Playa del Carmen and it had a jungle theme. There were animals everywhere, and really weird ones that made very strange noises. It was kind of annoying to wake up at 6am the first morning to noises that I didn't know existed. We got used to hearing them though and really enjoyed it.
We went to some ruins one day and I am so glad we did that. We went with an LDS tour guide and it was neat to hear his interpretations of things. These first few pictures are at a newly uncovered site called Ek Balam.
Can you see that mound of dirt in the picture below? Behind the trees? That is what a ruin looks like before it is uncovered...
We got to climb this one and it was freaky. The steps were so small and I tried very hard not to look down...
We then went to Chichen Itza...

You can't climb this one anymore but there were so many cool ruins to see here. This ball court was neat...
We went to a ceynote (a natural sink hole) and went swimming. These are all over Mexico and was probably one of my favorite things to see. It was so pretty...
We went cliff jumping and I sort of missed Nate jumping. That ledge doesn't look nearly as high as it felt jumping off...
Back to the strange animals. I went out to our patio one morning and found this guy hanging out...
We did some kayaking and snorkeling. We went with a guide on a boat to a reef and it was really neat. We saw some really cool fish and a huge turtle...
This was on our way back from snorkeling. I loved watching these storms roll in in the evenings...
We stayed at an all-inclusive resort and I must say that it is the way to go. We ate so much food. I seriously gained 5lbs. Drinks were included and since we don't drink, I made it up in food. Our resort had 2 buffets and 5 restaurants. We would eat at a restaraunt for dinner and then right before we went to bed, we would go stock up again at the buffet. Plus they had room service that I took advantage of. Oh, and the pina-coladas. I think I had about 10 a day. They were so good. I really miss them. A lot.
Enjoying an ice cream cone on the beach...
I also enjoyed a massage on the beach. It may have only been a demo for 5 minutes, but it was nice. We spent lots of time on the beach and I fried myself the 2nd day there. My skin just stopped pealing finally. We brought back some fun Mexican toys for the kids, and Nate left his own little gift in the Mexican Caribbean ocean. His wedding ring. Nice. But it was a wal-mart replacement ring anyway for the first one he lost. No big deal.
That's all.
3 comments:
What a fun trip!!! I wish we would have found a Cinnote to swim in--it looks beautiful. I'm convinced leaving Michigan every winter to escape somewhere warm is the only way to survive here.
Yaaay! Love the pictures. Especially the one of you standing next to the speedo man. You didn't tell me you had a bikini that color. I thought yours were only red.
So now I need to take a trip to Cancun.
P.S. That last picture of you and Nate is really cute. Frame it. That is all.
Did Nate forget his speedos? Maybe next time you go you can get a pic of him in his! Glad that you had a fun trip, I want to come next time!
Post a Comment