I haven't been able to get into any book since I finished the
Twilight series a few months ago. So, after a couple of people suggested the author
Shannon Hale, I decided to look into her and found out that she is fabulous. Just fabulous. I went to the library on Monday, got this book, and finished it last night. I know what you are thinking. My poor children were neglected. And they were, a little. But I will do better.

I also checked out this book:
Which I will start in a couple of days. I don't like to read books super fast (unlike the one above), I like to stretch them out and enjoy them as long as I can stand. But she is a great author. Some of her books are found in the children's section, like The Princess Academy, but don't let that stop you! It was a great read.
9 comments:
That's so funny. My mom gave me The Princess Academy a loooong time ago and I've always looked at it and thought, "eh", so I've never picked it up. I'll have to reconsider...
I might just have to check those out at the good old Zauel Memorial Library when you're done with them!
I read Austenland a few months ago. It's a good, easy read.
Hey, Brianne. I just had a thought--We should have you and the kids over one day this week or next week to go swimming at our WARM pool! How about Friday? Or when's good for you? Cora could bring a guest, too. Let me know...
Brianne,
Thanks for the book info! As a fifth grade teacher I am always interested in great books for young readers. Hazel read The Princess Academy and loved it, but we didn't know about Austenland.
Another good, easy read is The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne.
I was in Canada over the weekend for Sister Peterson's funeral. It was great to see your dad and everyone even though it was for a sad occasion. The Petersons are an incredible family and I was glad that I was able to be there.
Hey Brianne! Great author. Have not read either book, but I have read, "The Goose Girl." It's a great read and I loved it. Hope you're well.
Sounds great! Let's do Friday.
Are you lost in Austenland? Searching for Brianne...
Brianne - regarding you're current choice of books - also try Shannon Hale's "Goose Girl". It and "East" by Edith Pattou are my two all time favorites.
Post a Comment