Sunday, January 27, 2008

Our Trip

We had a lot of fun this last week at the Great Wolf Lodge. It was so nice to have Nate's undivided attention for a few days and to spend some quality time with just our little family. The kids loved staying at the lodge and Dylan keeps asking to go on another trip. Here are some pictures. Enjoy:


Cassie looking up at a big bear. Dylan was a little scared to go near it.


Dylan above and Cassie below, both being frogs.


Cassie LOVED the water. Especially these little fountains. (ignore the random unknown leg)


Water splashing down on Dylan.

Playing on a snake.

After forcing Dylan down the big slides 2 times, we decided the kicking and screaming wasn't worth it, so we settled with these 2 slides (above and below) for the majority of the day. (So much fun for mom and dad!)


A cute Cassie.



The water park got old after a while, so we played in the arcade room a little. It was more fun then I thought it would be. The kids loved sitting on everything, we didn't even have to waste coins on those rides!

Nate trying to beat my basketball score. He won.

These indoor water park/hotels are all over the Midwest. I think they would do really well in the West. Mostly, because when we move closer to home we want to have one nearby. They are so much fun! We stayed at the lodge for 3 days and were entertained inside the whole time. We wanted to go on the tubing hill nearby, but it was way too cold for the kids. Maybe next year.

7 comments:

staci baker said...

Looks like you had a great time! Sounds like something Tyler would do--not to want to go on the big slides! Maybe next year, huh? I'm glad you got to have Nate around! Oh, and I do the same thing with those coin-operated rides. I let Tyler sit on them and don't pay! He doesn't know the difference! :) Do you want to plan on swimming this week sometime?

Jennifer said...

Cute. I want to come too.

And I don't see any pictures of you and that growing belly of yours.

Chelsea said...

Hey! I have decided that the reason they don't have those things in the west is because there is actual nature to enjoy, and good weather to enjoy it in! Keep counting down those months! They go faster than you think!

Jill Johnson said...

Wow!! That looks so fun. I need a vacation BAD!!!

Jennifer said...

Hey, I just read The Princess Academy. It was seriously so cute. Did you read the other ones by Shannon Hale? I need to know if they are good, too.

Ok, that's all.

Still waiting to see your belly. When are you due?

Tina Folsom said...

I'm glad you are able to spend quality family time together. It seems that kids can have fun wherever there is water. Be glad your kids aren't old enough to beg money for games. My kids spent $17 at Cabelas in Lehi on a shooting game.

Melissa said...

Looks like fun! We'll have to go there someday...