Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter Scrooge

Yes, that was me. My poor kids didn't get the full effect of Easter this year.
  • I have been so tired lately and lack the motivation to do things. Hence, no egg coloring for us. We kept meaning to do it, but Nate was working nights on the weekend and sleeping all day. There wasn't time that we could do it as a family. I know, poor excuse.
  • The Easter bunny forgot to come Sunday morning. Okay, not completely. I did think about it as I was going to bed, but decided to wait until Monday morning when Nate could be there.
  • I didn't take any pictures of the kids this year.
  • I didn't even buy them Easter outfits. They wore clothes from my brothers wedding in September.
  • After I had the baskets assembled, I took out all the green grass because I didn't want it getting drug all over the house. I know, I am lame.

But we did have a great Easter. To make up for all the slack on my part I decided to have a big Easter dinner here with 6 families. Crazy, I know, but it was fun. I was really worried about having so many people over, especially the ton of kids that would be running around (since our house is pretty small), but it turned out so fun. There was TONS of food, and everyone brought more then I expected them too. We have been living off of funeral potatoes and ham for the past couple of days. Yummy!

Oh, and I did do an egg hunt for my kids a couple of days before Easter, so I didn't slack off too bad. I just used plastic eggs and put jelly beans inside.

Oh, and one more thing. I decided to let the kids eat as much candy yesterday as they wanted to (mainly so it would get out of the house sooner). I never expected to find Dylan throwing it ALL up in the middle of the night. Yes, it was gross. I could hear him whimpering so I went to check on him and there was chocolate colored throw-up EVERYWHERE. On his blankets, pillow, sheets, down the side of his bed frame, on his pj's, and splattered in multiple places through out his room. Disgusting. I thought about taking a picture of it, but didn't think viewers would appreciate that. So I think I learned my lesson for next year. Give them candy sparingly.

6 comments:

Jill said...

You're not alone. During the kids naps on Sunday Dave was running up and downstairs like a man possessed trying to find our collection of plastic eggs. The ones the kids find in November and trail all over the house. The ones that get boxed up because they are all over the house in November. The ones we boxed up in November and now can't find for love nor money in March.

We just didn't do the egg thing and resurrected some toys I had put away four months ago. Happiness ensued.

Thank you for letting me know that I'm normal. An early Easter is just nuts.

Karen said...

I let Sandy eat away one year while making gingerbread houses. She threw up later in the day. It made a huge impression on Emily. She's very carefull to not eat too much because she doesn't want to throw up like Sandy. Sandy on the other hand, just wants the candy now.

Jill Johnson said...

You did exactly what every parent wanted to do. Our Easter Bunny almost forgot. It is hard enough on Sunday morning but even harder when you add the bunny!!

Jennifer said...

You ARE an Easter Scrooge! Just kidding. You are pregnant. Anything is forgivable.

I can't believe Dylan threw up all his candy. So sad. Why don't my kids eat candy??? Why? I always buy it, thinking that I'll just let them eat whatever. But it never happens, and I end up eating it myself...

Tina Folsom said...

Christie was upset this year because the Easter Bunny didn't hide the eggs that we had coloured the day before. We had your parents, Don, Patsy, Rhonda and Bob over for Easter dinner so I let Christie be the Easter Bunny's helper and she hid the eggs for Rhonda's two boys. She had fun with that.

staci baker said...

I can understand! Pregnancy does that to me, too! I'm sure the kids didn't even notice!