Lots of little firefighters getting ready for some pizza!
Okay, this is why I am finished with trying to be a cool cake-decorating-mom. I'm done. It doesn't look anything like the picture online. Oh well, the kids loved it and it tasted realllllly good!
After the kids all left we had a relaxful afternoon and then we took Dylan and Cassie to see a movie. The only kids movie out there was The Spiderwick Chronicles. We were really hesitant, since it is a little above them, but we went and they both loved it. It was pretty scary in certain parts and it didn't even phase them. I guess they are used to watching The Lord of the Rings with Nate. I was surprised at how good Cassie was during the whole movie. I think the popcorn entertained her since she was eating it the WHOLE entire time. She smelled like popcorn the rest of the night.
So we came home and finally let Dylan open the family gifts (from us, cousins, grandparents). We were too tired to open them earlier in the day. He loved the whole present opening thing for the second time of the day. He wanted me to take a picture of him posing with every toy, but I only put up one. Here he is with Buzz:
Dylan is a great little kid. He has changed so much in the past year. He sure gave me a hard time as a baby/toddler, but nobody would guess that now. He is such a great little boy and I love him so much. I feel so blessed to have him be a part of my life! And one of my favorite things about him is..... his chubby little cheeks. I think he gets tired of me squeezing them and kissing them all the time!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DYLAN!
7 comments:
Your Cake looks Great. It is much better than I could have done. He has gotten so big!
I'll give you an "A" for effort on the cake! But seriously, it does look really good and I knew exactly what it was (you should have seen the baseball I tried to make for Mike last year)
And, congrats on the little one on the way!
I was just so pleased to find a picture of you I had to dedicate a special post for you. We love Ticket to Ride! We could kick your trash...JK We don't have anyone to play with anymore. The RA comment was to get a rile out of you-and it worked! I knew you had animal skills! Now I can see you have cake skills too!You're amazing.
Yaaaay! Happy Birthday Dylan! As if he is 4.
And that cake is teeerific. Seriously, I am impressed.
And Dylan is cute. That's all.
Don't give up on the cake decorating. All the ones you've done look awesome - this one included! Christie is turning 12 next week and she's having a slumber party with abou 15 girls so our house will be crazy. The men will be sleeping at Grandpa's to get away from the noise.
I can't believe Dylan is 4 already. Your kids are so cute!
The cake and party looked great and fun! We're doing a tea party for Katelyns b-day and she just wants little mini cupcakes so that may be really easy this year! WE'll see what happens. The blanket that you made was really cute as well.
Cute party! I can't believe he's so big! It makes me feel old that we have kids that age... Does Old Farm really seem that long ago?? Not to me!
Post a Comment