Wednesday, July 2, 2008

I know...

I am a slacker.

I just really haven't had the energy or motivation to blog. I keep having these big spurts of energy that last a few weeks, and then I have a really bad week. Not super bad, just not as much energy. As in... all I want to do is lay on the couch and read a book. And I have done that. The kids have been really really good at playing together (most of the time), which has been great. I am hoping to get out of this slump really soon. Today was better.

We haven't been up to a whole lot. Nate just finished a rotation in Flint, which he didn't mind, but we were all very very happy when he finished yesterday. It was an hours drive for him and he saw way too much inner city stuff than he cared for. We thought Saginaw was bad! He got really tired of the 60 year old ladies coming in that were high on Marijuana.

And as of yesterday, we are officially in our 3rd and final year of residency! YAY!!!! I can't believe how fast it has gone and I am having mixed feelings about being so close to finishing. So much going on this year. Baby. Job hunting. Trying to see everything in Michigan that we want to see before we leave. Selling our house. Etc. The list goes on. And to think that after this year of residency, Nate will have completed 25 years of schooling!!!!!!!!!! Crazy. Yes, I count residency as school because it seems a lot like it!

And Happy CANADA DAY yesterday to all my fellow Canadians and those who wish they were Canadian! I sure do miss being home with family at this time of year. So much fun things going on. But seriously, the thought of packing up and heading home for a couple of weeks is the last thing I feel like doing right now.

I have taken the kids to the pool a couple of times and we have done some picnics at the park. The weather has been perfect here! 70's - to low 80's. My favorite. There has been a few big storms here as well, and let me tell you, the storms here are so cool! Nate and I often sit on the porch and watch as the sky stays bright from lightning all night long. So cool. Not so cool, however, is when I am reading books to the kids on the couch and witness firsthand the lighting almost strike our house. We could see it hit our lawn, or street, or somewhere right by our house. And the thunder that accompanied it was THE LOUDEST thunder I have ever heard. (I later went out to look for a burnt spot on the ground but never found one). Anyway, it scared both the kids and I pretty bad. The fire alarm went off, half of our breakers blew, the phones went out, the internet went out, etc. I didn't have the cell phone so I couldn't call anyone. We just hung out. But the worst part was... our phones and internet were out for 5 days! What a pain!

Hmm, what else... oh ya, I had another 3-D ultrasound yesterday and it was really neat. Things are still looking really good. The baby is about 4 pounds right now and not breach. YAY! I wish our scanner was working because we got some really neat 3-D pictures of the babies face. So much better than the 2-D ones.

Okay, I am not sure what else to say. I am trying to make this long so that I have an excuse not to blog again for a while. But I will be back. Probably sooner than later this time.

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Okay I totally hear you about the storms. The other night Matt and I just sat outside and watched the lightning strikes. They are pretty intense and then the rain. It was running down our sidewalk and was about 1/2 inch deep. But 5 days come one now, Did you tell them that was a bit excessive?

Melissa said...

Yeah, I've heard Flint is GHETTO!

I agree-- I LOVE the temperatures right now, but I'm a little worried that if it doesn't warm up to HOT soon, once winter comes I'll be thinking we didn't get a long enough summer! Ya know?

Oh my gosh-- SOOOOO glad residency is moving right along.