-Blueberry picking and eating way too many of them - no pics.
-Taking the kids to the summer $1 movies in the mornings.
-Spending time together and with friends.
-Nate took Dylan on a Scout camp, which Dylan totally loved. He even caught 3 fish and he got an award in camp for being a good helper. I missed them, but Cassie and I were able to go to ladies night out with medmates. Free dinner is always good.
-Enjoying food from the garden.
-Trying to get things organized for when the baby comes.
-We also had fun at the annual residency retreat party thingy last week. I found a few pictures that one of the residents took.
The residents started out by playing softball for a couple of hours.
Here is Nate in a couple of action pictures. He had a lot of fun and wasn't afraid to brag to me about his 4 over-the-fence hits, 2 of which went over 2 fences. He was using my bat, of course.
The families then joined the residents and we went swimming for a couple of hours. Dylan just loved that. He is such a little fish. He could swim all day and be happy. I love swimming when I am pregnant because it takes the weight of my stomach off. I feel as though I am not pregnant and it is great. Except I must have been treading water for too long in the middle of the pool and I got the sharpest knife cutting pain in my lower stomach and I thought I was going to drown. I was holding Cassie so that made it bad too. I moved so slow and finally made it to the edge of the pool and called it quits for the day. I seriously almost yelled for the life guard because I thought I was going to drown.
We then had a picnic with everyone and that was fun. Dylan can be found trying to escape below:
Then we all went to the Loons baseball game. (with the after swimming look)
We sat on the grass at the back of the field so the kids could move around. And my kids did just that. They wouldn't sit still. They love to wrestle and having a big blanket out on the grass gave them the perfect opportunity to do so. Yes, there is a kid under them.
So that is about it. Nothing too exciting.
2 comments:
Look at that Stinky Minky playing softball! What fine form he has. But what is wrong with his ankle? Nate, what is wrong with your ankle? (You forget that I have mega-monitor and details become very very large.)
We want to come eat blueberries and go swimming with you. Sadness.
I'm just wondering...Can Nate still kick the ceiling? Those softball pictures make him look awfully flexible. Do you chant this for him at night "Kick the ceiling again!"
Post a Comment