So anyway, some highlights of the week included a trip to the Jelly Belly factory and making caramel apples. Yum yum.
It was a nice week. Our time with family is so limited here so I soak it up when I can. Nate enjoyed his conference, running into a lot of old Medical School friends. He even brought me home an Ipod Nano that he got for free! What a guy.
One scary thing that happened while I was there...I was at Target picking up some things when Tanya called and said to hurry home because someone locked the door to where the baby was sleeping and the key was on the key chain that I had (I was driving Tanya's van). So I rushed back to her house and try opening the door with the key and it didn't work. Great. It was actually on the key chain that Brian (her husband) had who was 3 hours away. Great again. So I try to card the door. Nope. I looked for screws to take off the handle. Nothing. So I called a few lock smiths and they cost about $80 to come and it would take them 20 minutes to get there. That would take too long. So then we got a hold of a friend and he came and pried the molding off the door and we got in fine. An hour later. I was pretty calm the whole time and kept myself from freaking out. She was sleeping the whole time, but she was on a big fluffy bed laying on her side and I was afraid she would roll on to her tummy and have a hard time breathing. I know, I am supposed to put her on her back, but she sleeps so much better on her side! But anyways, what a relief!
3 comments:
Fun! But not so fun about the locked door. That happened to us at a hotel in Cedar City. Gordon was 2 and Mason was like 2 months old and laying on the bed. We were trying to get a screaming Gordon to figure out how to unlock the dead bolt, but it wasn't happening. Finally, some guy came and got it open 30 minutes later. By that time, both kids were crying hysterically. (And fine, I may have been crying too...)
Oooo! We want to visit Chicago so badly. I'll have to e-mail you when we finally decide to go. You can give me some pointers.
Holy cow! I think that I would have freaked about the door thing! Funny she slept through it all though...
Post a Comment