What a nice night we had for Halloween. It was sort of a crazy day. We were in Chicago all week and didn't get back until Thursday night. Friday was a really busy day so I didn't have time to get food for dinner. Instead of the traditional chili and cornbread Halloween night, we had mac and cheese. I know, lame. Then we set out to get some goods.
Here is a very excited Spiderman and a cute little ladybug (who had been sick all day):
Here is a very excited Spiderman and a cute little ladybug (who had been sick all day):
My mouth and a little cuddly cow:
Begging for candy:
Spiderman couldn't see out of his mask very well so off it came. And here is Nate........being himself. We were lame this year. No parties and no costumes.
We saw some pretty spooky and funny things, but I had to get a picture of this guy. See the man in the camouflage get-up laying in the rocks? He would jump up and scare all the kids. It was so funny to watch. I kind of want one of those costumes some day.
A very cute little cow:
And some smiles: (I love it!!!)
And one more just because I can:
I feel bad I didn't get into the whole Halloween thing this year. I have already been focusing on Christmas and getting gifts to family when I see them (because I am too cheap to mail them). It was kind of sad to think this will be our last Halloween here. But 2 things I won't miss about it is...#1 - getting offered "adult Halloween treats" or in other words "Jello Shots". And #2 - noticing that 80% of the parents/adults walking around with their children had a "drink" with them. It was weird to see. The adults would wait on the road and enjoy a drink or 2 while the kids ran up to the house to get candy. Couldn't they wait until they got home? I guess I am the outcast here.
7 comments:
We get offered a drink at the door as well. The kids get candy, and we get a beer... Awesome! Brian said he'd probably have a few 6pks he could sell on ebay by the time we are done with trick or treating. I KNOW people think we're weird.....
That's weird that they all drink WHILE their kids trick-or-treat. Huh. Never thought people did that. Oh and your sweet baby makes the cutest little sleeping cow ever! Love the last pictures!
Those pictures came so cute ! She has the cutest little smile! I Love Cassies Lady Bug too! Logan couldn't keep his mask on either for his Spidey man costume! He got Hot in it!
Cute. And I need to see that Claire. Bring her to me.
That camo costume was awesome. I hate Halloween., So much hype for nothin'. Bah Humbug
Such cute pictures of your kids!!! The baby is adorable and Cassie is so big!!! WOW! Don't feel bad for being 'lame' with Halloween. You did your best this year with what you could. Looks like the kids had fun and that's all that matters.
Hey, I am locking my blog and want you to have access. Please put your email address in so I can allow you. I will not publish your email.
Post a Comment