Sunday, August 30, 2009

No more baby!

Claire turned 1 this week! I can't believe how fast that year went. And she is walking too. It has been so fun to watch and help her learn. Dylan has especially liked helping her practice taking steps. Claire gets annoyed with it, but the practicing has paid off...



She loved opening and playing with presents...





And she even liked her cake, even it wasn't very babyish. Come on, I had been craving a big chocolaty chocolate cake. And her birthday was a good opportunity to make it. Next time though, I won't put the cake so close to her while we are singing because shortly after this picture, she tried to grab the flame.



So after a few minutes of cold water on her fingers and some love and kisses, she was fine and dug into the cake. She liked the ice cream best.


And then we went to her real birthday party at the Logan aquatic center. We had a huge BBQ with over 200 people and then swam and Claire even went on the waterslides with her daddy. No pictures though, oops.
Okay, so maybe it was a Ward party, but still, we can pretend it was all for her.

2 comments:

Deibel Family said...

She looks so much older since you left--I know it's only been a couple months. She's adorable.

staci baker said...

She's changed SO MUCH! No more brunette baby. I thought the dark hair was there to stay! She looks so much like the other two. How adorable. Happy birthday, Claire!