Thursday, August 30, 2007

Thankful Thursday

Today I am thankful for my husband. Nate and I are celebrating our 5 year anniversary tomorrow. We even got a babysitter so we can go out alone. YEAH!!! I had some other fun wedding pictures to post, but our scanner isn't allowing me to scan them, so here is one that was already on our computer.




It has been a great 5 years. We have been through so much together and I have learned a lot from Nate. He has helped me be a better person and he works so hard for our little family. We have so much fun together and have created some wonderful memories as a family. I thought I would share a few things about him that you may not know. Not for any particular reason, but just because I want to.

  • He does not like small talk.
  • He has a Black Belt in karate.
  • He has a great singing voice, but only a few people know this.
  • He impersonates Jim Carrey to a 'T'. It is so funny to watch him.
  • He grew up 'worming' as a child, meaning he would pull up worms and sell them to bait stores for money.
  • The thing that grosses Nate out the most in the ER is when he has to yank someones toenail off.
  • He is in the Young Men's presidency.
  • He is also the Scout Committee Chairman, which is funny because he never has liked scouting.
  • He is doing most of the work in finishing our basement.
  • He ran a marathon last year.
  • He was my home-teacher in college.
  • He looks HOT in scrubs!!!!
  • One of the nurses refers to Nate as "Dr. Sunshinc". I am not sure what to think of that, or if I should even be telling people that.
  • He loves basketball, golfing, fishing, and being outside.
  • He thinks things through before he says anything, unlike myself.
  • He was a mink wrastler in college. Meaning he would hold mink down for blood draws.
  • He is the most honest and trustworthy person I know. Seriously.

Well, that's all for now. I hope you all learned something while reading this.

We haven't been doing too much else this week. Just trying to feel better from these dang allergies. I have been living in my glasses all week and wearing no make-up because my eyes have been so itchy and puffy. It kind of gives me an excuse to not have to get ready. I am so sick of it. I also lost my glasses at the pool today, good thing I have an ugly back-up pair. Other then that, we have been getting things tied up before we fly to CANADA on Saturday. We are just a LITTLE excited to go!!!! As Dylan says, "Only 2 more sleeps left".

3 comments:

Jill said...

Congratulations on your anniversary! I remember your reception. And the weird fact that I knew both of you before you knew each other. Crazy.
I love that picture. You look beautimous. No, really. You do.

Jennifer said...

Yaaaaay! Congratulations! As if it has been 5 years already.

I think Nate looks hot in scrubs too. And he's always been my Dr. Sunshine.

How long will you be in Canada? And where do you fly to?

Jill Johnson said...

Have fun in Canada. Ask you Mom about American pedicures. Apparently, they are much better.