Yup. We ended up going to Chicago for Christmas. And it was good. Really good. In fact, I never realize how much I miss my family until I am with them for a few days and then have to say goodbye to them again. Especially this time. When you want to be close to help them and comfort them in times like this. My sister lost her baby at 36 weeks pregnant. So sad. How could we not have gone? I am so glad we were able to be there and spend time with them and my parents. They seem to be doing well, under the circumstances, and we did have a good time, considering. Lots of food, games, movies, shopping, talking, crying, and even more food. I have such strong sisters who are great examples to me and I am lucky to have them in my life.
Anyway, here are some pictures of the kids. I didn't take a whole lot due to the yearly
migraine that picked Christmas Eve to visit me. Blasted thing. Why Christmas?
.JPG)
Here is Cassie in her $3 Christmas dress (Last years clearance at Old Navy). Dylan wouldn't cooperate, hence no picture of him in Sunday clothes.
.JPG)
The stair picture. Sort of.
.JPG)
Cassie and her little kitchen that Santa brought. I heard rumor that he
spent almost 4 hours putting it together. Good thing he (I mean "she") started on it a week early. Cassie better play with it every day!!!
.JPG)
Playing with some of the many (too many) Christmas toys.
.JPG)
Loves his
dinosaurs.
We even got this really great game from my brother:

If you haven't played it, play it. You'll like it. I'll try to get some more pictures of the kids and their new loot on here. We all came home with too much again, but it was so fun and I am already excited for next Christmas.
9 comments:
So cute! Love the picture of Cassie and the kitchen, and diapered Cassie admiring Dylan's toys and...okay. I just love seeing pictures of people I know who don't live close. Glad you were able to go to Chicago. Hooray for family.
To The Whittaker's,
It sounds like you had an awesome Christmas. That is what the gospel helps with in times of challenges, we know the purpose of LIFE, and for us to be thankful and with that we are happy.
So glad you could go to Chicago. I have no contact info for Brain and Tanya so could you please e-mail me their address at dpmartin7@figment.ca. Thanks
We went to Bob & Rhonda's for Christmas and had a fast great time.
Have a special 2008. Enjoy those children as they will never live today again.
Uncle Don & Aunt Pat
I'm so sorry to here about your sisters baby. My heart goes out to her. We gave my dad ticket to ride for Christmas and have been playing non stop. So fun. Anyways I'm glad you got to see some of you family for Christmas.
I haven't checked your blog forever. It was very entertaining. Let's start with the list about Brianne that was hilarious. We have way to much in common. Then the list about Cassie, way cute. Then all your Christmas stuff. I am quite sad that I missed out it was suppose to be the Folsom family Christmas. I miss everyone. Ours was really small this year. Definetly missed all you guys we couldn't play any of the big group games. Well lookikng forward to seeing you when life's not so crazy glad you guys had a great Christmas!
I'm glad you were able to go to Chicago after all. I'm sure Tanya and Brian appreciated your being there. Looks like you had a fun time. We had a fun time at Candace's with Grandma & Grandpa and Dawna's family. I miss having everyone together at the same place but we had fun. Happy New Year to you and your family.
Sounds like a good christmas. I heard about Tanya's baby. I feel so bad for her. Hope she and her hubby are doing okay!!!!
p.s. Tanya posted on her blog. Cute stuff.
Post a Comment