Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's day

Hope everyone had a great day today. Mine sure was excellent. And why, you ask?


Because...


  • Nate was home

  • I got to sleep in

  • I woke up to the smell of German Pancakes

  • A very pretty bouquet of flowers awaited me this morning (picked out by Dylan, he says)

  • I came home from church with one tomato plant (instead of a flower this year) because, as the councilor in the bishopric says, "It is the gift that keeps on giving". Get it? ...... It won't die like a flower.... it will keep giving tomatoes all summer. If only it will survive until I can plant it.

  • Dinner was ready in the crock pot as we walked into the house from church, thanks to one wonderful husband.

  • Enjoyed some wonderful cinnamon-roll cheese cake things. And then some ice cream a while later.

  • Naps were had by all, except me. I got too involved in the movie we were watching (The Ultimate Gift). I learned a lot, however, and I think my mom wanted me to learn a lot too, since she gave it to me.

  • Had some ice cream again.

  • Watched the Jazz beat the Lakers.

  • Visits on the phone with the wonderful mothers in our lives.

  • This surprise gift from the kids (or I mean Nate)...


Do you think he was trying to hint something to me? After all, I only had dessert 3 times today!

But the best part was spending time with my little family. It was pouring rain all day so it was nice to be trapped inside with them on a cozy day. I love the rain.

Hope you all had a great Mother's Day too!

4 comments:

Jill said...

Cute! Happy Mother's Day!!

Tanya said...

Happy Late mothers Day! What a funny gift!

staci baker said...

That was really fun to read! And tell Nate shame on him for giving a pregnant wife a scale for Mother's Day! ;) I just read the book 'The Ultimate Gift' and heard the movie is even better. It WAS really good. And I'm so glad that you were treated so well because you deserve it!

Melissa said...

Seriously, a SCALE?! Doesn't Nate know anything about women?! :)