Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A sticky mess

Sunday morning as I was finishing getting ready for church, Dylan comes into the bathroom to tell me that Cassie has made a mess. I walk into the living room to find a whole bottle of this:

spilled all over the kitchen floor, the couch, a pillow, the rug, and the carpet. Great. Oh, and it was all over Cassie's dress, legs, and shoes too. A WHOLE bottle of syrup. I hardly doubt that it was Cassie who did it, since it was a new bottle and still had the seal on it. So anyway, I hurry and clean up Cassie and what I could of the syrup and leave.
Since then, I have been cleaning never ending stickiness. It is everywhere. Even after using the carpet cleaner 49 times on the sticky spot, it is STILL sticky. Will it ever end? AHHHHH!
On a side note, I learned yesterday that I should not play softball while carrying a fetus at 6 months. I am hurtin like never before!

7 comments:

Tanya said...

Not my beautiful couch!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Brianne I feel so bad for you. I can't very start to think of the mess you had to clean up. Good luck with the mess.

Tanya said...

I've been thinking about you since i read your blog earlier today. Poor Brianne! ( I told Brian, and he laughed). He said." only would I laugh at this happening to Brianne." Hey, be sure to use REALLY HOT water to clean up the syrup. The hotter the better. It melts the syrup,so it's not so thick. If you put hot water on the syrup, then suck it up with your carpet cleaner it works pretty good. Just don't put a lot or any soap on it until you have got up almost all the syrup, or you are in for a bigger mess.

Just Rhonda said...

oh man that sounds like quite a mess!!!!

Anonymous said...

hahaha. it makes diaper rash cream all over not seem quite so bad. that sucks. and playing softball... i have learned from the past and not being able to walk all week after that softball is just not worth it when your prego. espescially that far along. well good luck with the mess.
tracie

Melissa said...

Oh no!!!

First of all-- the mess. Wow. I don't know how to clean up syrup.

Secondly, I HATE the smell of maple syrup unless I'm eating it. Are you sick of it yet?

So sorry and good luck!

Tina Folsom said...

I know how you feel. I dropped a whole gallon of syrup down my stairs and I can still feel the sticky, crustiness everytime I walk down the stairs. I hope it won't last forever.