Sunday, September 9, 2007

We're home

We are back in Michigan. We had a wonderful time with family and it was hard to leave them all, not knowing when we will see them again. We are so extremely tired from such a long day that started at 2 am this morning and ended when we walked in our house at 8 pm. The flights weren't bad, and either were the kids, just lack of sleep from staying up so late and averaging 3-4 hours of sleep for the last 3 nights. Time for a good night sleep in our own beds and in our OWN bedrooms. I am not a fan of sharing a room with my children. It means we don't sleep. So anyway, it is good to be back and I will get some pictures on here soon.

P.S. - The nicest thing about coming home tonight was finding out that we were locked out of our own house. Ya, that was great. Okay, not really. Thanks to Nate and our Bishop, who also picked us up at the airport, for spending over an hour trying to unscrew the safety latch (on the inside of our door) through an opening of 2 inches.

P.S.S. - The other nice thing about getting home is that I don't have my luggage. Everyones came except mine. Great.

P.S.S.S. - Okay, this one is for reals. It was nice to see that my anniversary flowers are still alive from before we left!

4 comments:

Jill said...

Hooray! Hooray! Welcome back to your home. It is always a good feeling to be back in familiar things where you don't have to be on a heightened mother-alert that comes when visiting. Now get some sleep and then post those pictures - you know, after you have a good Oreo fix.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that we all got to see each other, and it was so fun staying up till all hours of the night. Good memories made. I can't wait till we see each other again.

Tina Folsom said...

I'm glad you were able to come to the wedding. It was fun seeing your cute little family. I'm sorry to hear about being locked out and having no luggage and I totally understand about having a good sleep in your own bed. When everyone asks how your holiday was, they don't understand the sleepless nights and the fact that the real holiday is returning to your own home and bed. Thanks for introducing us to your blog spot. I enjoyed your "getting to know Nate" comments. He has a lot of good qualities. You're great for each other!

Just Rhonda said...

Sounds like fun times!!! I'd love to see some pics from the wedding!!!