Saturday, September 29, 2007

RS Broadcast


I went to the General RS broadcast at the church this evening. It was a fun evening, with a salad social beforehand.

I always enjoy these meetings, and I tend to get a little emotional through them. For one reason inparticular, this is the only time through-out the whole entire year that my mom and 3 sisters are all sitting in a different chapel at the exact same time watching the exact same thing and feeling the same Spirit. (That is, if they are where they are supposed to be!). You see, between the 5 of us, we live in 2 different countries, 4 different states, and 4 different time zones. Ya, not very close. But this is a time when I can feel close to them and imagine them sitting right next to me. I miss being close to them and seeing them more often. I hope they enjoyed the meeting as much as I did.

3 comments:

Tanya said...

Yes, Brianne It was a wonderful Broadcast. Short but nice. Study, pray, and serve! Its always nice to be reminded! I thought about my sisters and sister-inlaws during it as well. AS a Griffeth family we usually have a sisters weekend or night out and go down to Saltlake, sleepover,eat,shop, and go to the broadast together. It's a fun time together as sisters. A time for me to pull myself together again and realize that I'm not doing to bad of a job with my children. Most important thing that I felt was to be sure you let your children know that we love them. Tell them! Always nice to hear! Looking forward for the broadcast this weekend. Brian informed me that he has to be the bishop ric member to be at the church for the broadcasts. Ya, I'm not going to be with him I guess. My front room is looking alot nicer at this point!Besides that, I don't really want to hastle with my children on this one. It's hard enough getting them to sit for the broadcasts at home let alone at the church, IN CHURCH ATIRE! Take care and enjoy!Love ya!

Jill said...

Thank you for posting what I felt. It was the perfect ending to my evening after the broadcast.

Though not in the exact situation with countries and such, I missed my mom and sisters tonight as well.

And you too. I can't wait for you guys to move back. The Scrabble challenge stands. This time - no dictionary for Nate and Dave.

Candace said...

I'm a little late at the replys because I don't have enough time to spend on the internet as some people, but I just wanted to let you know that there are benefits of living in Salt Lake. It was our Stakes turn to attend the conference center for this particular conference and so it was only my second time to be in there for a general meeting. The other was a Young Women meeting! It was an absolutley wonderful meeting, even though we didn't get to hear Pres. Hinckley give a talk, it was so neat to look down and see him sitting there and just know what spiritual man he really is, I just had to cry. I've had a hard time with being a mom lately and like you Tanya(above comment), it was great to feel like I haven't failed and that I'm doing an all right job.
I actually got to spend the whole day without my children. I deserved it but paid for it in the end, because that night Katelyn was throwing up all night long. I got NO SLEEP at all!
It was a great broadcast, and I would love to be able to spend it with my family as well. I love you all!