Saturday, August 23, 2008

Nesting

I can't believe the energy I have this week. 10 times more than I have had the past 9 months.

-The floors are mopped
-Carpets vacuumed wall-to-wall and carpet cleaned
-Toys all sorted through
-Clothes all sorted through (mine, 2 kids, and babies)
-Baby stuff all put together
-Bathrooms cleaned
-Food picked from garden
-Fridge cleaned out and full
-Cupboards full
-Table and chairs scrubbed down and put those little padded things on the the bottom to help ease the scooting of the chair and not leave marks.
-Laundry done
-Dusted everything
-Cleaned half the garage (the side I park on)
-Windows washed (inside only)
-Ironing......oh wait, I don't iron. But if I did, that would be done too
-Van vacuumed and cleaned out. I even put the baby car seat in already.
-VT has been thought about. They may just get letters this month.
-Sheets all changed
-Every closet and drawer organized
-All the kids books organized from tallest to shortest (even though this only lasts a day)
-etc. etc. etc.

-Oh, and I even changed 2 light bulbs!

Okay, so you get the point. I am nesting.

8 comments:

Jill said...

Good glory. Do you hire out? I have a loft in need of some help. ;)

Congratulations on getting so much done. You are my new hero.

Jessica said...

WOW! I don't even have that much energy non-pregnant. That's just crazy! You must be getting even closer if you can accomplish all of this. Your body is trying to tell you something I think. :^

staci baker said...

Ha! That was great! Don't worry--I don't iron, either. I hate doing it and save it for last--which means it never gets done. Yes, it sounds like you're all ready for Claire... and for your mom to arrive to a very orderly house. Thanks for coming tonight. We always have a good time with you guys. Good luck this week. Hopefully she comes Wednesday as planned!

Melissa said...

Dang, girl! Are you trying to put yourself in labor? I can't believe you only have a week left! Hooray!

TGriggs said...

Way to go lady!!! I am right there with you. I am doing the freak out cleaning every day and it feels AWESOME!!! Just 5 weeks to go for me!! Good luck!

Karen said...

Pat yourself on the back. Put your feet up and eat some bon bons. You're about to be outnumbered!

Mo said...

Hey come to my house...you mad cleaning woman! Where were your kids while you were sanitizing your house?

K'Lyn said...

Nesting is AWESOME! I can hardly wait to get to that point that I want to and it gets done in a breeze. WAY TO GO. I am already inspired. I read this after you had your baby and it made me laugh how close you were to having your baby. What a blessing. We hope you are doing great. Let me know any great insights and tips you gain for when my baby gets here and before of course. Your girl is a doll. I love that hair.

Congratulations! Curt, K'Lyn, Courtney, Hank, & baby boy