Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Nebraska

In August, our nephew Jake got married in Nebraska. We decided to make a little trip out of it and went camping on the way there at Flaming Gorge. That place is so pretty! I always loved camping growing up and thought for sure I would be a camping mom. But seriously, I think having a trailer would make it much more enjoyable for me. Maybe someday.




The wedding was very interesting. There are some different folk in that neck of the woods. But I'm glad we could be there to support the family. We were able to see some pioneer history sites too. We saw Chimney rock in the distance, we were just too tired to drive right to it. It is a really neat landmark for the pioneers. We were in Scottsbluff and this pass below is where some of the pioneers crossed.


This is the original pioneer trail. Most of the Mormon pioneers crossed on the other side of these hills, but some came on this exact trail below.








No comments: