Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Random

We've had our ward carnival already and I thought I'd put these up in case I procrastinate blogging again.





I was trying to capture the Fall colors behind our house...





Cassie wishes so much that she had long hair. She taped her blanket on her head and insisted on us calling her Rapunzel. Notice the tape? I distinctly remember putting towels and blankets on my head too. Poor girl, she'll probably never have long hair, thanks to me.



Claire, on the other hand, was blessed by not having my hair. But hers only looks this cute when the aunts come to town.



I wish I'd gotten a better picture of this, but notice her whole right leg plastered with band aids? This is a frequent occurrence at our house. I think she "bumped" into the couch. And I really don't mind buying band aids every month because I was able to cook a whole meal while she applied these.




I am not crafty or into creating things in the least, but I was very proud of myself for putting together this huge magnet board. And it really is huge, like over 3.5 feet by 5 feet. I really needed something for that wall in the back entry. It works perfect for all the kids' projects and random papers. The lockers, a bathroom, the laundry room, and a drinking fountain are all back there too. I love it!




Cassie lost her first tooth a couple of months ago while she was eating a frozen gogurt. She lost a 2nd one a couple of weeks ago while wrestling with daddy. My kids have learned that if they leave the tooth, along with a paper boat and a candy in the boat, all under their pillow, then the tooth fairy will bring them an extra quarter with their dollar. The tooth fairy will only do that once though, even if they keep trying to come up with new ways to get money from her.




And finally, I was so proud of my kids as they finally ventured out of our dirt yard and up the hill for the first time after living here almost 3 months. You see, there were big rattlesnake scares here this summer, especially in this area. But fortunately, we never saw any. The ER usually sees 2 bites a year at the very most, and this summer they had 7 bites. Gross! And man, were my kids (and myself) freaked out to even be outside. They would close the garage door and ride their bikes inside the garage. And when they did play outside, they sometimes played baseball and they would make Claire go get the ball up in the field when it was hit up there. Silly kids. And to make things worse, our neighbors have seen cougar tracks in their back yard. Someone said they even saw one. Scary! Where did we move our family to?? So yes, I was very proud to see my kids venture out a couple of weeks ago. (Only because rattlesnake scares are over right now. I think. And the cougars supposedly come out at dusk). You can barely see them, but they are there...





No comments: