Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Apple Barn

Nate's parents came out for a few days last week and we had a fun time. We always love it when family comes for a visit. We took them to one of the many apple orchards here. We cheated though, and didn't pick any apples, just bought them. Such a fun place for families!

Dylan driving the pumpkin truck, with a pumpkin Cassie.



Checking out the apple presser thingy. It had lots of bees around it, so we didn't stick around for too long.


Cassie's pumpkin that she would NOT let go of.


This picture was taken for Grandpa Folsom.


Dylan's favorite part of the day.




This was probably Cassie's favorite part of the day. It was so funny to watch them go through the orchards in this little train. The driver took them on a pretty long ride, we couldn't see them for a while because they had gone so far out and we were a little worried that Cassie had maybe tried crawling out of it. Nope, she was still there when it came back. She even screamed when she had to get out.


Munching down some donuts and cider. I am not a donut fan, but seriously, these were the best donuts ever. They were so moist and wonderfully delicious. I think they were apple donuts. Yum yum. The cider was delicious as well.




Getting ready for the hayride through the orchards.



I couldn't believe how many apples grew on one tree. I just never knew. Should have taken a picture I guess.


Making apple pie with all the apples we brought home. Yes, Dylan is wearing his Halloween costume. It pretty much goes wherever he goes. He even sleeps with it.


Okay, so this picture is only for proof that I helped make the pies. Something, I normally don't do, but will try more often now.


Look at that beautiful pie! It tasted pretty good too.

Dylan and Cassie loved having grandma and grandpa here for a few days. They both cried as we pulled away from the airport. Cassie keeps calling for "bumpa". Dylan rides his bike, while Cassie follows close behind on her little car and they pretend they are going to the airport to bring them back. Sadness. We sure loved having them here though.

6 comments:

Jill said...

Look at you! I've always wanted curls like the Folsom girls. Gorgeous you.

Jennifer said...

That's cute. I want to come to the Apple Barn too. And as if Dylan is a little lion. Funny though, Gordon is going to be a lion this year too.

And look at cute little you in your kitchen. Making pies, no less.

Candace said...

I love the pictures, I miss apple picking! That was my favorite thing to do in the fall when we lived back East. As if you never actually picked them though!
Hey, thanks for the call early early this morning, next time remeber the time change please. It's okay I'll get you in the evening sometime. Ha Ha!
I'm glad that you were able to spend some time with Nates parents, I'm sure the kids miss them tons! Even though Katelyn and Dylan don't always get along, she has been asking to play with him! It's cute, we miss you guys!

Tanya said...

Love the apple picking. WE are going Saturday before conference. It's a pumpkin farm as well. It has become a tradition to go pick the apples and then make a pie or apple crisp to share with our friends after the men are done at the priesthood sesion. The fall out here is so beautiful!
I had to laugh when I saw Dylan as a lion. Taylor had a lion costume when he was little, about three.He was so frightened by it that we had to call it a kitty cat. He loved it as a cat. Nothing like being scared of your own costume. It was great!!

Anonymous said...

Tanya I remember when Taylor was a lion too that was so funny cause it was a cute costume. I sure miss the change of colors in the fall but it is neat how you can still feel the change and it still feels like fall in the desert.

Just Rhonda said...

It just cracks me up that your son sleeps in his halloween costume. :) Looks like you had some fun times! And good work on making the pie!