Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Pumpkin time

We carved pumpkins last night for FHE and the kids had a great time. It is nice to have this fun farmers market really close to us.


We visit it frequently and the kids love watching all the animals that wander around. Dylan gets a little too excited and chases them around a lot. On the weekends in October they also have pony rides. I really thought the kids would love riding them so I took them on Saturday and they were very excited to see the ponies. However, they weren't nearly as excited to ride them as I thought they would be. I bought one ticket thinking one of them at least would make it on the pony, but nope. I almost took the ride myself, but decided to return the ticket instead. Maybe next year. Anyway, enjoy these pictures.






I was surprised that Cassie didn't fall off this wagon. She loved riding it!

Kissing pumkins...for some odd reason.


Cassie was very determined to get that wagon passed all the pumpkins. She did pretty good.
The pumpkin carving crew, minus myself.

Nice purple shirt Nate!



Mine and Cassie's pumpkin.

(side note - the small pumpkins grew in our garden. We couldn't get them any bigger without them going rotten).



Dylan and Nate's pumpkin. Maybe you are smarter then myself, but I didn't know what this was until we were finally going to bed that night and I had to ask Nate. I guess I was concentrating too hard on my pumpkin to notice.

6 comments:

Andrea Holley said...

That is the cutest pumpkin patch for taking pictures! I've been looking for one like that in Massachusetts but they're all pretty picked over by now. Great pictures. Kissing pumpkins - I love it!

Jennifer said...

Cuteness.

But what is Nate's pumpkin? I don't see it.

Jill Johnson said...

I don't see what Nate's pumpkin is either. I am so jealous of the cool pumkin patch. We carved pumpkins at Lani's on Monday too. It was for Sam's B-day party. It was fun fun.

Brianne said...

Nate's pumpkin is supposed to be some sort of pig. Like a Guatemalan pig or something. I thought it was a crazy cow.

Tina Folsom said...

Nate's pumpkin looks like a pig to me. Seeing all those pumpkins reminds me of the pumpkin walk in Logan. My kids loved it. We're not on the ball so we haven't carved ours yet. I guess I still have a few more days.

Melissa said...

I LOVE all the orchards/pumpkin patches here in Michigan! It's been fun to rediscover a REAL fall season. I love that first picture of Dylan and all the pumpkins behind him. Cute!