Friday, Candace and I packed up the kids and drove to Tanya and Brian's house in Wisconson (right outside of Chicago. I always refer to them as living in "Chicago" and I get in trouble. Oops). Nate had to stay home and work. Sad. As soon as we got to Tanya's house, we dropped off all the kids for Brian to watch (Thanks again Brian) and headed back to Chicago and went to the Broadway play "Wicked". My mom was supposed to be there, but her plane was delayed so she didn't make it. So sad. And, some more sad news...I got another stupid migraine just as we pulled into downtown Chicago. AHHH, why???? It wasn't as bad as I have had before, but I couldn't enjoy the play as well as I would have liked too. My head felt better if I applied pressure to my temples, so I was litterally pressing my fingers as hard as I could against my head so that I could enjoy the play better. The next day, I had bruises on my temples. But anyway, the play was so good! The whole cast did such a wonderful job and I thought the singing was AMAZING! If you haven't seen this, you must go see it. It is coming to Michigan in July so I hope I can go see it again WITHOUT a migraine.
On Saturday, McKenzie (my niece) was baptized. It was a really neat experience. The Spirit was felt very strongly all weekend (except when Cassie was having one of her MANY melt downs). My sister's little family has been through a lot lately and I am happy that I can live close enough to visit them on these occassions.
Sunday, we had a big superbowl party with LOTS and LOTS of food. I love it when my family gets together because there is always a LOT of food. Oh, and GO GIANTS!!!!
It was fun to be with family, but I was ready to come home. My mirgraine lasted most of the weekend and Cassie was not being herself. She was so fussy and wouldn't nap! My parents were good help, but it still isn't the same as having your husband there to help.
Above: McKenzie's dolls, Jackson, McKenzie and Dylan.
Sorry I don't have more pictures. I wasn't in a picture taking mood I guess.
Monday, my parents came back with the kids and I to Michigan. It was nice to have company both ways, otherwise I probably wouldn't have gone. I would not enjoy driving through Chicago traffic alone.
Again, we were snowed in. I have never seen so much snow here in Michigan! (I think we have had about 12 feet this winter). We went out to dinner one night and when we came home, we got stuck in the drive way a few different times. It took us a while to finally get into the garage. We did a LOT of watching this:
And had a lot of discussion on him (and other people whose pictures won't be found on my blog):

And we also played a lot of this new game (as well as a few other games too):

My parents left yesterday, but it was sure nice to spend time with them. We have been blessed with the amount of time we have been able to spend with family, as we live so far away from them! We love having company, so if you are ever in Michigan (because there are a lot of reasons to come to Michigan), feel free to stay with us!
*(I can't get my spell checker to work on here, so if there is bad spelling, please know that I tried!)
6 comments:
Sorry, that was me. I'm so glad that you had a fun time with your fam, but it's always nice to get back into a routine! I'm glad the migraine is gone and that you're back with us!
I miss you guys so much. We haven't had a big family gathering in a long time and I hope that we can sometime soon, especially so we can get some more fun games in with grandma. It looks like all is going good for your family and you better end up near malad, id so I can see you more often.
As if you don't ever do Cassie's hair. Oh.
Sad about the migraine. You need to see Wicked again, migraine-free, so you can enjoy it more. And what is that game? I've never heard of it before.
We played Ticket to Ride a few weeks ago. It was fun, but I didn't like it as much as Settlers.
Ok, that's all.
Your kids are so cute! And so big- this is Jessica Michaelson by the way. Your blog is so fun. I don't know if I ever gave you my address, but here it is if you have time to stop by http://rmfclan.blogspot.com/
I can't get my spell check to work either. Sounds like you had fun. Lost cities is a good game. Does Tanya have a Coke machine in her house? I am jealous.
Post a Comment