- I love being inside and staying all warm and cozy while it is blizzarding like crazy outside.
- I love that I don't have to bundle my kids up and force myself outside while they play for 2 minutes, and then want back in. They take one look outside and don't think twice about asking.
- I love that I can get projects started...and completed.
- I love that I can stay in my pj's all day long (not everyday, but lately, more often than not).
- I love that I can spend more time making forts and playing with my kids.
- I love that I can be lazy on the couch (for a certain amount of time) while I read or watch the kids play.
What I don't love...
- That EVERYTHING keeps getting cancelled! I really do need to get out of this house at least once in a while. I was so looking forward to a really fun enrichment tonight and what do you know...it started blizzarding...again. So it was cancelled.
- The snow plows. Or lack thereof. Where are they?
- And when they do sneak by, I love that huge amounts of snow get pushed into our already filled driveway. Nate especially loves this when he works a 10pm shift and doesn't know there is a mound of snow he has to drive though, then proceeds to get stuck and ends up spending 1/2 an hour shoveling himself out. He loves that.
- We just can't seem to keep up with the shoveling. We really need a snow blower.
So that's all. Here are some pictures of Cassie and her outfit she chose to wear today. She is silly. Also, she wanted me to paint her cute little toes (for the first time) so there is a picture of that. Enjoy, and stay warm!
Dylan just looked at this and noticed there wasn't a picture of him. So here it is...... (can you see why I didn't put it up in the first place?).
3 comments:
Fine. I'll stop complaining about our snow. Actually, it has been 50 degrees here the past two days. The snow isn't even close to melting, but at least we could go outside without freezing...
And Cassie is cute. And Dylan too. Especially with that little Nathon face.
I love your lists. It's so cold in Boston too - Monday it was negative 7! However, we don't get a ton of snow here which is nice. I will say that this winter and last winter were really great in Boston because it's the first winter (since I got married) that I have had covered parking! Yay! My car never needs to be brushed off and is never freezing cold. Hooray for parking garages! Now if I could just get my own garage next to my kitchen somehow...
I feel your pain!!the snow was fun for the first few days and now.......... it has got to just go away. My kids are really wanting to play outside.It's just way to cold here in Chicago as well. The snow doesn't even stick together for a snowman. It's pretty sad. My kids have had 4 snowdays since January 1, not to mention the ones that they had in December!
Post a Comment